All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
i have just been for a ride in my Cousins Corsa Comfort 1.2 16v When he was driving It Reached 70 in what felt like no time
Its got 5 door so has Extra Weight I Would have thought

Ive never Really Experienced Foot down in a car
but it felt quick its 100% stock and got 100k on the clock lol?

I was Slightly Gutted to think his is quicker than me :p
I have a Corsa b 1.2 16v (2door) 78k On the click...With a Full Twin Exhaust System
K&N filter
Lowered * Dont think makes a difference*

Ive never Actually drove it, Because I just got it starting Today! And Im Waiting for my Next birthday To get my licence (17)

but my dads gonna Tow it Somewhere private for me...
Im Just Confused...

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
out of which one is faster on paper the 3 door i would think, but it would be an almost un noticeable difference, 5 door had more doors(obv) and 2 extra windows + rear window locks, window winders etc and the roof is longer but the 3 door has large front doors which are heavy + folding front seats which will add a lttle.

the 1.2 16v's will be nippy i think is the word but they lack torque and so wont like hills, or staying at 70 on uphill parts of the motorway, rev them a bit and they will be quick to 40 of 5o mph ish

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
maybe, but that's only power, not power to weight, put your car on in thr morning it gets 100bhp, go away take everything out but 1 seat and the steering wheel and its still going to be 100bhp on the rolling road:thumbs_up:
True I guess, drag race it is! :thumbs_up:

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Hey Guys
i have just been for a ride in my Cousins Corsa Comfort 1.2 16v When he was driving It Reached 70 in what felt like no time
I didnt think there was a corsa B comfort, thought that was the corsa C's that came in the trim name?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Guys

I was Slightly Gutted to think his is quicker than me :p
I have a Corsa b 1.2 16v (2door) 78k On the click...With a Full Twin Exhaust System
K&N filter
Lowered * Dont think makes a difference*
I would have thought yours would have been slightly quicker what with removing a door and all. :laugh:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Corsa C vs Corsa b?

Hey Guys So My Cousin took me for a spin in his Corsa C 1.2 its got 100k on the clock But it feels really quick its a 5 door the one that looks like a corsa b but they called it a corsa c :/ its down on file as a corsa c Comfort 1.2 It is 100% stock but it feels quick (maybe because its small)

So i was wondering What's the difference between the B and c engines
I have a corsa b 1.2 16v with 80k on the clock Ive never drove it because im 16
But what would the difference be?

Mine is 2 door his is 5 so I have the advantage of less weight
Also his has a Rather large Boot And he is running a stock Pee shooter exhaust

im running a Sebring pipe and Sebring back-box
Im also running a K&N filter :)

His is the one with the fancy Dashboard And The Rpm gauge and speedo Are Sorta Joined into one :)

Thought/Opinions

Sorry i Posted this yesturday But too late and it got Bumped down the list
+ i also said his was a corsa b By accident xD

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Didn't you make a post about the exact same thing the other day? but about a different car

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
so edit yoru first post on your orignal thread, if people didn't answer first time around why would they the second time ..
If it goes down the list it goes down the list.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so edit yoru first post on your orignal thread, if people didn't answer first time around why would they the second time ..
If it goes down the list it goes down the list.
Well I thought im gonna edit my post now And no-one will see it because its down there :) + people did answer

In some Circumstances Its more convenient To just Repost
Its not like Im Spamming the same thing every hour :S

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
the 1.2 16v in a corsa C puts out 73bhp, and has a 0-60 time of 12 seconds dead.

The 1.2 16v in a corsa b pushes 64bhp and the 0-60 time varies between 13 and 15 seconds depending on trim level.

That would be your answer, newer car, newer engine, more power, yours is slower.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the 1.2 16v in a corsa C puts out 73bhp, and has a 0-60 time of 12 seconds dead.

The 1.2 16v in a corsa b pushes 64bhp and the 0-60 time varies between 13 and 15 seconds depending on trim level.

That would be your answer, newer car, newer engine, more power, yours is slower.
Thanks for Your help!
Although that News SUCKS
Gonna see how my corsa b Throws Down
if not im selling up for a c...
Would a Full Jebring Exhaust And a K&N Help on the b? :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
SO bump it, Not like you had trouble doing it before..
COnvenience is irrelevant there's just no need.
Over reaction? Yes

As said same engines, there 1.2s so does it really matter which is quicker.
Sitting Passenger seems quicker because youre not in contreol in any vehicle
The sound of 1 hand clapping is the same as 2 hands clapping
A tree still makes a noise when it falls and their is noone around to hear it

Anymore irrelevant question, PM me and I'd be mroe than happy to ignore them ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts