All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know these cars attract the younger generations but for gods sake, i dont know if i wanna be associated with that image! are there many of the older generations that own them?
ive only posted a couple of times, i dont feel i need to post for the sake of posting as it appears others do. for example

Quote from 'Clutch' - He/she started a thread and gone off! what was the point in that.

taken from my previous thread 'why a corsa'.

i can appreciate younger drivers benifit from cheap insurance etc etc from a 1.2 8v car but im not a 17 year old kid (as it says in my profile) and cant get excited over an 8 valve.

or am i being a little harsh?

mic (short for michael)

·
Registered
498 Posts
so whats your point of this post?

And there not just associated with young people, tones of old women have corsas as well!

but if it botheres you too much, dont get 1. not really a hard choice.

·
Registered
670 Posts
only thing thats putting me off at the minute is the rattling coming from my water pump area:mad:

Have to get that sorted soon:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
so whats your point of this post?

And there not just associated with young people, tones of old women have corsas as well!

but if it botheres you too much, dont get 1. not really a hard choice.
point is that forums such as these which are meant to be helpful and friendly to fellow corsa owners or potential owners in effect, arnt always that helpful nor friendly. these forums are meant to promote cars, not put people off em.

older people drive corsas 'cos theyre a cheap way of motoring so its down to lifestyle rather than bodystyle/speed etc. in all fairness to women, they arent half as choosy as men or concerned about style/speed. how many women own an Evo or scooby? i image some do, but it'll be in the minority. same difference. the majority of people (it seems) in here are kids with their first car - and the ignorance to go with it.

the attitude of 'if it bothers you too much, dont get 1' is suprising based on this site being here to support owners and/or potential owners! theres always at least 1 *** on any forum you go on, why do i attract him in my first couple of posts?

also seems strange how i posted the original message early this morning, then it wasnt untill the first person replied then others followed.

kids.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
also seems strange how i posted the original message early this morning, then it wasnt untill the first person replied then others followed.
The point is mate we are a new forum - members aren't on all the time and when they are and click "new posts" and see a new one they do all tend to reply to that one within a short space of time. Not many members are on at 06:49AM on a Saturday ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
point is that forums such as these which are meant to be helpful and friendly to fellow corsa owners or potential owners in effect, arnt always that helpful nor friendly. these forums are meant to promote cars, not put people off em.
id say its more people like you that we need to avoid.
The vauxhall corsa is a small car. That's what it is. So for many older people, with families, they may want something slightly bigger. Perfect little run around car. Cheap for young people to drive, and like i said, nice run around car for older women. What are you expecting.

the attitude of 'if it bothers you too much, dont get 1' is suprising based on this site being here to support owners and/or potential owners! theres always at least 1 *** on any forum you go on, why do i attract him in my first couple of posts?
your right, i believe this forum has one called m1c.

this site being here to support owners and/or potential owners!
Yes the site is a forum, well done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The point is mate we are a new forum - members aren't on all the time and when they are and click "new posts" and see a new one they do all tend to reply to that one within a short space of time. Not many members are on at 06:49AM on a Saturday ;)
yea sorry geebs im not tryin to start an argument or suchlike, its just that the first post i put in here ended up gettin locked cos people messed about on it! not a good start for me anyway, specially when im tryin to weigh up pros and cons! and in all fairness, although i posted early it took untill 12.36 for the first person to reply.

venny doesnt understand the differnce in older people getting a car for its practicality, whereas most people in here talk about mods. i dont know anyone in any car scence that doesnt want to mod their car one way or another. i know plenty of 'older' people who dont care what it looks like or 0 -60 time cos it serves its purpose as a car. hence why those people dont come in forums.

and although i try point out this site is here to this site being here to support owners and/or potential owners!, venny answers with 'Yes the site is a forum, well done.' erm ,yes mate, we already established that ;) but the point was childish comments arent very supportive.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I'm not sure where you've got the impression that we are trying to put you off Corsas. As you say, this forum should be all about promoting the Corsa & giving help & guidance. :)
If you need any help or guidance, just drop a post. If people seem sarcastic in their posts, it's mainly just down to joking about. People don't mean it.
As i said above, the Corsa is a car for all generations. The reason why i bought a Corsa is because I learnt in a Vauxhall & enjoyed driving it. Plus, they're generally reliable & carry on for miles and miles! :thumbs_up: Plus, I needed a cheap car & cheap insurance. So a 1.2 8v was essential for my age (I'm 20). Whether your car is for practical purposes or a modding hobby, you're welcome - hence the forum name allcorsa. :):)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Ok yea i can see where your coming from but like i said not many people on through the day so it may well have taken longer to get a reply i'm sure it would be the same on your forum as it too is new :thumbs_up:

I agree with lyds aswell - some members do like a joke about a little its all part of being a good friendly community - we all know members like Clutch are sarcy b******s now and again but we still love them :D :laugh:

Lets just start a fresh please as its not much fun for cj or mark etc having to lock threads due to pointless arguing :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi m1c

I am the same age as yourself and have a Corsa, why? Because it was cheap bought it from my friends mum, but it was also cheap to run, cheap to insure and after looking about it was easy to get parts that arent all that expensive.

When i first got the corsa i was worried as i had mostly seen women and old folk driving them so it was a relief to see males on here :)

I joined this forum as i had some questions and also wanted somewhere to go if i had any other queries, and the people on this forum have been more than helpful. At no point has anybody said "oh your cars not modded/your not planning to do anything to it, you may a well just go then" or even given any lip, i have seen a couple of older folks asking things too so they do come on here.(cant remember what the posts were or i would have posted links)

I also am not the kind of person to post just for the heck of it, but i felt your original post needed some sort of response. It did come across as overly harsh and a lil bit agressive, and if that isnt what you intended, you havent done anything to stop that pattern from continuing. The site has a good community here but doesnt take kindly to trolls/flamers/s**t stirrers. So if it isnt your intention and you do have a geniune questions just think how it looks and if need be add some smilies, as its hard to be emotive on forums like this just using text :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
go on cracker :thumbs_up: , why a corsa neally every car company makes a hothatch so whynot but them , would you rather us young people have a audi or a BMW so then you can moan some more call us druggys etc :mad: etc and get jealous my mates 18 his granny died and left him 40G so he bought A 07 318D bmw and its been key'd already probly of some one jealous like you m1c :withstupid: . so thats why we buy the smaller car so we dont look like T W A T S and get older folk upset besides for the price of my car i could of got something more grown up but i chose not to BECAUSE WE AND I LIKE CORSAS HENSE ALL MOTHER ****ING CORSA a tell theee Bo :laugh:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
go on cracker :thumbs_up: , why a corsa neally every car company makes a hothatch so whynot but them , would you rather us young people have a audi or a BMW so then you can moan some more call us druggys etc :mad: etc and get jealous my mates 18 his granny died and left him 40G so he bought A 07 318D bmw and its been key'd already probly of some one jealous like you m1c :withstupid: . so thats why we buy the smaller car so we dont look like T W A T S and get older folk upset besides for the price of my car i could of got something more grown up but i chose not to BECAUSE WE AND I LIKE CORSAS HENSE ALL MOTHER ****ING CORSA a tell theee Bo :laugh:
:rolleyes: No need mate - its sorted end of please

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow it took me so long to type that hunners of people have posted, please dont take my post as getting on at you :)
no, honestly i am interested in these cars and havent come just to cause trouble! right. im not into 1.2 8v as insurance isnt an issue, id rather go for the biggest engined corsa i can find simply because i can :D
i dont care what younger people DRIVE - thats not the issue and none of my business. i was talkin to a 17 year old who bought a brand new 1.4 corsa but wanted a bigger engine. so far he's spent around £7000 on it (car, insurance, mods etc). when i asked why he didnt just buy a £2000 scooby and pay £2000+ insurance he just laughed. but why? why spend so much on a car and be dissapointed when for the same money you could buy a cheaper older car i.e. scooby, bmw etc which is of the performance spec you want but pay higher insurance? £7000 is £7000 no matter how you spend it.

anyway.

people like corsas for different reasons, some mod some dont. the majority that DONT probably wont come to a forum which promotes. as many people like to play with their own car, the same amount of people like to let a garage do it. theres no right or wrong, its just personal preference.

so appolgies if i appeard aggresive, that wasnt the intention (although i was a little peeved at the time!). id like to think mine was aimed and had a point tho (although came across wrong), compaired to Jonny's which proves my point completely ;)

oh geebs - someones beaten your score :D

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
if you want a fast corsa get one that has already been fitted with a 2l.you can pic them up for about £2000 an the insurance is'nt as bad as people think.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You see i have the problem, that if i didnt have the Corsa, it would be a 1969 Ford Mustang fastback. Guess which is more affordable and better for a learner :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts