All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
relinked video at the bottom of this thread

Hi,

I should start with a bit of backstory. The timing chain slipped a tooth and had to be replaced. Which I had done and all seemed fine for about a week. Then this noise is the only way I can describe it appeared. (Watch Vid)

I have since had the coil pack and new sparks to try and remedy as there's no engine management light. Its helped but still louder than it was before I had the chain kit fitted. Also this is intermittent, I can start the car in the morning and it can either be there or not same as I can drive 10 minutes and stop at a junction and it can be there or not.

EDIT: 08 1.4 Design Corsa D

·
Banned
885 Posts
I have got the picture there, unfortunately, there isn't enough sound to be able to judge what the noise is, not sure if this is a problem with the video or my PC, but other things play OK.

The fact that changing the plugs and coil pack improved the situation, may simply be down to the fact that new plugs tend to do just that, especially if they were due for changing anyway, so may have no bearing on the problem.

Suggest that you ask the people who did the work to take a look/listen. The problem is that, being intermittent, it may not act up when they are inspecting it, so you may have to leave the car with them.

Regards.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
There's a number of things it could be - the video clip is only a second or so long (on my pc anyway) so it isn't easy to tell. Also you get no directional sense from a video clip.

I'd buy yourself a mechanic's stethoscope - one with a metal probe - and check things like the timing cover, the alternator, the injectors and the camshaft cover. With the stethoscope you'll soon track it down.

http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/track-down-engine-52693.html

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Technicians-Stethoscope-Sealey-VS871

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

youtube link any ideas, help would be appreciated I wondering if its timing chain rattle.. as I've found some other videos with very similar noise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts