All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have a rough idea how much I should be looking to pay for a wheel alignment/tracking down a garage on a lowered Corsa? My cars pulling to the left slightly so id like to have an idea of how much I should be looking at to re-arrange the alignment :D

·
Banned
147 Posts
Hi. Some tyre depots do so called 'free' checks but their equipment is so accurate they will almost always find the need for a tiny adjustment and charge.

As a rough guide National tyres currently have a 50% off voucher on- line quoting a charge of £15.

Have you eliminated all other possible causes such as slightly binding brakes,uneven tyre pressures Or mixed tyres on the same axle. Different brands or a significant difference in the amount of tread can affect rolling resistance.(assuming this wasnt caused by the tracking being out). Have you for instance had to replace just one tyre due to damage.If you suspect this try swopping them over and see if it makes a difference

Even a road with significant camber can be noticeable.The car tends to roll down the slope.
This may "agger-revet" the situation. (sorry I couldnt resist this roman road based pun)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the advice buddy, & im not too sure, could be something to do with the alloys when i put them on, so if i take it to a garage preferably a tyre garage theyll charge me a small fee to find out the problem & solution?

·
Banned
147 Posts
If you have a favourite general garage they could have a look and may be able to check/adjust tracking.
If not, tyre depots ,especially those that also does mot's and general repairs, often offer free safety checks on tyres,suspension and brakes etc .

But be careful.They only offer free checks because they are hoping for repair work,so your free check,and all those they do on cars that didnt need work, often means higher prices for work that may not really be necessary. This can also be true of ordinary garages of course.

Check out your local tyre depots on line to see what they offer.Then visit a few. You'll soon spot the cowboys.Eventually you'll find one with nice blokes who take an interest in your car and are willing to go that bit further to help.
If you go during the week,mid morning or mid afternoon they may have more time to chat

·
Banned
273 Posts
Tracking shouldn't make it pull to the left. Have you checked that the brakes aren't binding on that side? Just a thought. I have had a corsa with a tracking issue and it didn't pull to one side. The only way I noticed was by the tyre wear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.