All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals,

has anyone on here fitted new rear wheel bearings before, ive been to two halfords today and bought one wheel bearing from each as they each only keep one in stock Dohh!!

Looked through the haynes manual and im sure it makes everything seem alot more complicated than it really is, so anyone have any exsperience?

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Easy peasy doing it. i need to them on my new car aswell :( the only tricky part i found was getting the actual hub/drum brake apart as mine was rusted to ****.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I haven't done it personally, but I've watched my dad fit them - it is a bit difficult. Ask a garage to do it if in doubt. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
611 Posts
wheel bearings are piss easy to change, just a bit oily :laugh:

take the wheel off, take the cap in the centre off with a screwdriver, then you'll need pliers to pull the pins out and pull the bearings out, grease the new ones and put them in and put everything back on. both my rear bearings need done actually, so when i do them, i'll take some pictures and make up a tutorial :D

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i will be doing both my rears on tuesday, depending on what mood im in i might even sand down and paint my drums before i put them back on and do a tutorial aswell, but we shall see how i feel LOL :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts