All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, got a request to those that know how to use photoshop and if anyone could do me a favour.

as some are probly aware my corsa is going and im getting a clio, however im having a problem with the wheels, as the clio owner wants to keep the wheels on the clio for himself, so the only alternative for me is to either try and persuade him to let me keep them or, put the wheels on my corsa onto it.

so my favour is can someone have a go at maybe havin a mess of transferring the wheels off my corsa pic and putting them onto the clio picture at all? so i can get some form of idea what it would look like. cos my wheels dont exactly fit the clio without having to be modified lol.

heres the corsa with the wheels:

and heres the clio:

i know its not the best of pics cos of tht bloody telegraph pole, but if it cud be done just put the wheel over the top of it or summat.

many thanx in advance and be really grateful if someone cud help me out

Chris

ps: if its proving too tricky with those pics i do have a few other shots of both cars but they are angled ones, so dnt know how theyd work

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You need to make sure wheels off the corsa will fit onto the clio or vice versa because I'm sure the pcd is different.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pcd? wats tht exactly lol.

we tried doin it briefly once before cos we were gonna swap wheels but my wheels wudnt fit the front axles on the clio cos of the internal diameter was too small for the hub or summat like tht, mate sed all tht needs doin is filin the inside of the wheel or buyin spacers n they'd fit. the rear ones fitted nicely just i didnt get chance to see em before cos i was messin on the corsa whilst he did it

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Pcd is the spacing between each of the bolt holes. Each manufacturer uses a different pcd. Filing the holes is definately not the way to sort it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ohhh no i think the pcd is the same cos he got the back wheels on alright.

its the hole in the centre of the wheel tht goes over the hub tht juts out from the disc brake, been told only needs a few milimetres but he said spacers wud also work so im more inclined to just buy a set of spacers for it

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
IIRC renault have the same PCD as the corsa, but you will probably need spigot rings as the centre hub is a different diameter

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah we found that out when we tried earlier, the centre hub on the clio is bigger thn on the wheels, which is what my mate said abt filing that hole by abt a cple of mm's,or if not he said spacers wud do the trick, id just like to be able to see wat it would look like with my wheels on the clio before i did anythin like that. just out of curiousity lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Easy on the text talk mate i can hardly read that first bit, Have you seen how much spigot rings would cost, its alrite fitting spacers but it wont solve the problem it will be exactly the same just with a bit of metal between the studs.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
apologies about the text talk, sorry, force of habit from few other forum and chat sites ive used, erm, what are spigot rings and what do they do? im a proper newb when it comes to stuff like this lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Lol no problem, spigot rings are basically just metal rings that fill that gap between the wheel and the centre hub. So there is no movement and the wheel isnt just supported on the wheel bolts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh right, i dont think that spigot rings would work then cos the diameter of the centre of the wheel is smaller thn the diameter of the hub of the car, so the wheel wont "slot" onto the axle if u get me. i hope that makes sense :S

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh right ok my bad, thought it was the other way round, the only other way to get the wheels to fit is to bore them out (increase the diameter) i dont know who would do this though and how much it would cost.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yay i did make sense, wooo go me, lol. yeah looks like im gonna have to do that, know cple of ppl who can do it just gonna be annoyin cos of the time factor involved grrrr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts