All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my alloys have been fitted for a couple of month now, I had them fitted ata garage along with new tyres put on which i took down as well for them.

When they put them on they used new bolts because they couldnt use the steel ones so that was cool plus I took them some locking nuts and they were more than ahpy in doing that.

After driving away i went to test them out but found i had a vibration around 55-60mph. I took the car back the next day and they re balanced the wheels and found them slightly out so sorted them.

Went to drive test again: not really much of a vibration, until i was on a different road. Sometimes they vibrate at 58-60mph and sometimes they are fine until about 70mph.

The garage said I may need spacers cos they will wobble. I said i havent got any but they fitted them anyway, they do not rub therefore I presume spacers are not the solution?

Ive read sometimes you need spigot rings, what do they do and what ones would i need?

Another thing I think it might be is that one of the front wheels is bent ever so slightly, should i swap it for the rear and see what that does?

Any help greatly appreciated thanks:)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
a bent wheel will cause vibration as its not going straight. take the bent one off an put a standard on there an see if that sorts it. if it does then its the wheel causing the problem mate.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah cool, but i dnt get vibration all the time...

Would it matter if the bent looking one was on the rear. Stop steering wheel vibration anyway?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I drove for years with a slightly bent front wheel and it didn't really affect the car.
Spigot rings sit inside the alloy wheel, they fill the gap and allow the alloy to sit perfectly on the hub. You should be able to get them off ebay although the garage should have supplied them for you when you bought your wheels.

If you have oversized wheels you will find that the steering wheel will wobble once you reach significant speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts