All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen some alloy wheels locally and am wondering if anyones attempted this before (this is for my kids B model Corsa)

The wheels in question are 17", and have an offset of 38mm - I can get this skimmed to 49mm in work.

Now the problem is the width is 7J, I assume that with the current offset of 38, they may or may not rub on any of the running gear or bodywork with this width of rim, and so I need to know if putting a 7J width rim with this 49mm give some major grief ?

The car has standard suspension at the moment, and may consider lowering, but only a shave (maybe max 40mm)

Any advice would be good ?

Ta Ash

Edit, This is in the wrong section, I'd be grateful if one of the mods could move it ;)

It just occurred to me that maybe a 6J wide rim as a max figure would be a better bet ?

·
Registered
611 Posts
from what i've heard, 45 is the ideal offset. using low-profile tyres should reduce the chances of rubbing too. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
7j rims will fit no problems aslong as the offset is close to what it should be, iv seen ET42 7j rims fit with no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts