All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a corsa B 5dr 1.2 16V and recently the engine light came on and also my speedo has stopped working (revs, petrol temp and all others work fine), so i plugged it into the diagnostics and it says speed sensor and crank sensor. I was just wondering where is the speed sensor located on this car because i cant find it for the life of me? i have read it is down near the bottom left of the engine but i cant find it... :L plss help cus ive looked everywhere on the net.
Thanks,

Rhys O

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The crank sensor is down the back of the engine just above the inboard end of the o/s driveshaft.

The speed sensor which drives the speedo is on the gearbox - on yours it is an electronic sender so there is no drive cable.

There is a sensor in the speedo itself which tells the ECU how fast the car is going. I believe the fault code actually refers to that signal not being present rather than the sender for the speedo in the transmission. But since the speedo isn't working either the sender has failed, or the wiring, or the speedo itself.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Or on the off chance it could just be the fuse! On my Corsa B a fuse went a few months back which makes the speedo not work no longer, Everytime I use the electrical lighter it makes the fuse blow! And the speedo stops working lol!

Have a check for any blown fuses in the fuse box! Also the crank sensor eventually stops it from starting I believe so it would be wise to change it :) !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts