All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I had pretty much decided on what alloys I want (changing the old ones) but when I went to the place today, there was another set that I liked. I'm looking at BK 166's, only problem is there is a silver type, and a high power type. Which one does everyone think will look best? I havn't seen many cars around with the high power ones but the silver ones are all over the place. The silver ones are brighter but the high power ones seem shinier, but have a slightly darker effect to their finish. I can't decide! :( I think I like the high power ones best but I'm not 100%, what does everyone else think?

Silver:

High power:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
High power ones look a tad chromish though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've seen other alloys in that finish and thought they were shadow chrome or something. I like chrome alloys though so maybe thats why they appeal to me :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
164 Posts
remember if your ever going to need to get them refurbished the high power ones will be hard to match. my blokes got hyper silver ones and the bloke that refurbished them had to re-do it three times to match the colour!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I like the high power ones, but post pics of your car and we can then decide what is better. With out a pic no one can say what is better because we cant say if it would suit

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didn't think about refurbing them........if I ever need I could just get them re-done in silver maybe lol.

Pics of my car are in this thread here:
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/finally-got-some-2176.html?t=2176&highlight=finally+pics+of+my+car

I know the alloys I already have suit the car (I think they do) but they came with the car and they were scrubbed quite badly, and they are an offset of ET35. In reference to the choice of new alloys, I like silver, but the high power ones look shinier in a way, can't describe it lol.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
silver here, only reson im saying silver is, if you mark the other in anyway there always going to look crap but a standard silver can be repaired and hidden
d

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just about decided on the high power ones :( Problem is I don't know if I'm ever going to want to refurb them at any point. Might ask the guy in the shop if they are able to refurb them for a decent price.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I know Laura, at the end of the day I'll choose what I like best, but I was a bit undecided when I saw them both in the shop so wanted other opinions, I wouldn't have thought about the refurbing option if I didn't post on here ;) Hopefully I won't kurb the new ones, I park a mile away from the kurb as it is, hate kurbing alloys :laugh:

And dearing I've looked at loads of wheels and these are the ones I like most, just couldn't decide between the two different finishes. Why are you suggesting I look at different wheels anyway? :confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah true, but I love the simplicity of these. Liked them for ages but havn't got round to being able to afford them until now. I like the multispokes I have now but they are awkward to clean, a nightmare if I let them get too dirty, and I can't quite justify spending £400+ on new alloys that look the same but are just a different offset, so I'm going to get the ones I wanted originally :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts