All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 1.4 16v sri with the 2lt redtop engine in it, it has a ashley motorsport manifold, but i need to mot my car and was just wondering what cat should i be getting put on as its a straight through pipe just now. if any one knows
thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
personally i would'nt put a cat on it i would just tell the mot people it's an old astra gte lump pre 91 or something.:)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
not which car it came out of i rang vauxhall even they could not tell me the exact year or car mine was in.the only way to tell if its pre cat is the engine number starts 20xe rather than c20xe.but i dout a mot bloke will check its so tight do there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cat

well its still a 1.4 on the log book and the engine is in a 95 car, but when i had to get spark leads for it it was the older version i needed, so its quite a early engine in it i suppose, will they still pass me if the engine is a older version or will they just see the car as a 95 and needs a cat on it
cheers

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
it goes on the age of the engine not the car mate i would register it as a 2l tho.the mot tester may query it not being registered as a 2l as well if you do not no him because the mots are linked to the dvla i think.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah that's a bit dodgy having it still as a 1.4 on the log book and not 2lr

I would just go for saying its an old pre cat engine and see what happens :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers

went down to see garage about mot first place said that it couldnt be done and would have to have a cat, so went to the other one he looked up the rules then told me it would be fine not having a cat for the mot as engine is pre 91 so got it booked in their for new week
cheers for the help

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Just goes to show your MOT is more about what garage you go to than the actual car

·
Registered
43 Posts
say its a pre-cat, they will see its not the origenal engine and they wont question it, mate of mine had a astra GSI and got his MOT done at my garage, past and no questions asked.

but dude seriously get the log book changed i know its going to hurt on the insurance but you will be soooooo f*c%ed if you prang it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts