All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to evryone,
I am a new member of the site and have posted 1 thread to date. Its titled 'Newbie' and i talk about wanting to put a 2.0 8v (x20seh) into a corsa. I was wondering which is the best base car e.g 1.2 8v/1.2 16v or is it possible to use the 1.0 12v chassis? Also how straight forward is the transplant in terms of MAKING it fit? Is a fabricator needed to make parts? or for welding/cutting to be carried out? I am interested in the 8v as opposed to the redtop as it looks like the 1.2 8v engine. And dont intend on letting the insurance guys know or see of my big block. Thanks in advance...
Dean:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
331 Posts
And dont intend on letting the insurance guys know or see of my big block.
sorry mate, thats not only illegal but highly irresponsible, i dont think anyone's gonna help you, i certainly wont. If you do continue dont be suprised if someone reports you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you come up with a car that has 130hp and i can insure with 6points at my age....
Thought not.
So my idea is still the plan.
Unless you have better suggestions?
And who any1 guna report me 2? And for what?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Buy a corsa sport or GSI and insure that, it will be a 1.6 which isnt bad on insurance, plus with the money you will save on not doing a conversion, you can spend on tuning the engine such as inlet and exhaust manifolds high lift cams etc, that your best bet :thumbs_up: you will match standard redtop power, but have the weight of the 1.6 :thumbs_up:

Problem solved

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Il risk it. Cheers for advice tho. But im not driving a 50hp piece of poo for any longer than it takes to save up for all conversion parts. Which will be cheaper than the insurance theyd want if they knew!!!!

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Your young mate with 6 points - calm down a bit. Get a 1.2 or 1.4 at highest and mod it in the looks department and maybe a backbox and panel filter but thats it. Get a couple years no claims behind you to help bring insurance down etc. You will have years of driving ahead of you - don't try and get a high performance car straight away - otherwise you ain't gonna have years of driving ahead of you.

Sorry for the rant but can't stand people that don't declare performance mods to their insurance companies - put it this way, I wouldn't want to be in an accident with you if you hadn't declared performance mods. Insurance is a pain but its there for a reason :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just read the post on a 1.6. Good idea but cant even insure a 1.6! A 998cc mini which didnt even have alloys costed me 1000 a year. And i like the idea of challenging the transplant!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
really if your not going to tell them about the conversion there is no point even getting insurance at all, you will have the same protection. if anything happens and the car isnt exactly as you said then you dont have insurance, simple as that. if your not going to declaire whats the point of insuring it in the 1st place?

to be honest i think your a complete prick.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Just read the post on a 1.6. Good idea but cant even insure a 1.6! A 998cc mini which didnt even have alloys costed me 1000 a year. And i like the idea of challenging the transplant!!!
I am paying 2000 mate, so a 1000 a year isnt much considering. I reccomend you get a 1.4 which will be powerful enough for a year, I am sure, then with a years no claims under belt then think about engine transplant or a new car. You have said that you want an 2.0 8v because it looks like the 1.2 8v, believe me mate the insurance company will know and your just going to be another badger driving about on the road that costs the honest motorists. TBH, unlike Geebs, I am not even sorry for the rant and if you do it I hope you are caught and get the book thrown at you, before some unfortunate motorists ends up with a bill to fix there car because of your stupidty.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea i'm not sorry about my rant having thought about it further. The reason insurance is so high these days is because of people like yourself not declaring mods, crashing and either killing yourself or screwing up someone elses life. As I said insurance is there for a reason!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts