All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok you probably know that i'm looking to get a Pioneer TSW306C sub. I'm now just wondering what size to get - 10 inch or 12 inch? Music which will be played through it will be stuff like Lostprophets, The Killers, Muse, Feeder, and other Indie/Rock stuff - if that makes a difference.

Opinions Please...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
10" will be better for faster bass lines because its moving less surface area and would be more punchy than a 12. Whereas a 12" will be better at low end and will probably deliver slightly stronger deeper bass.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
no mate depends what kinda basslines these songs kick out is it short sharp bass notes or long sort of drop in basslines? 12" for big deep basslines, and 10" for kicky bass!

·
Registered
390 Posts
for rock tunes id definitely suggest a nice punchy 10"

·
Registered
497 Posts
As people have said I think it depends what sound you want from it. A bigger sub will give deeper bass, but a smaller sub will excel in upper bass, which is why it would be more "punchy/snappy", meaning a smaller sub might seem louder but won't produce notes as deep as a bigger one. I can't suggest a size though, I've got a 15" sub because I wanted deep bass and it's fine for most things but I havn't had experience with other size subs.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have had loads of different subs and i have found that 12's are good for loads of different types of music where as 10's an 15's are alot better suited for a certain type of music

·
Registered
389 Posts
i got a vibe 1200watt 10 inch its good for punchy dance tunes it always kicks back intime for the next beet , i used to own a fli 12incha and it didnt seem as good but was better for rap and rnb.dunno about indy i dont like it, my mate does and he's got a kicker 12" it seems to be okay with it though maybe certain makes react differant.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
bands like lost prophets and stuff use accoustic drum kits, so rather than getting a twelve inch, get yourself iv a ten, iv got two ten inch subs and mine r nice and loud, they keep up well to fast to fast basslines aswell.

·
Registered
390 Posts
ive got a 15 inch , but i dont have a sub

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lmao. Uh oh......Somebody getting a bit serious? Lol. I think that was a little bit uncalled for CorsaJ, unless you were joking of course lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts