All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I want a sub, the problem is, which one and what size?

I found an Infinity Referance 12" sub on ebay, brand new, pennies. Then someone ( more than a few people actually) told me that 12" are laggy on some fast bass tracks. So I decided not to buy it?

Now I've discovered the new Vibe Space 8 sub, it's 8" and much punchier.

Question is: Should I go for that new Vibe Space 8? My mate has the model before it (Exact 8) in his car and it sounds pretty good. Worth a buy? It will be my only sub.

Any other suggestions would be good, budget of up to about £70.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

mate i used infinity for about six months yes they are good but crap in low range bass, i now use vibe and for the price they are fantastic but what money have you got to play with. do you have a amp allready if not give caraudiosecurity a bell as they have a sale on and they are fantastic on advice on the systems available.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a 700W Blaupunkt amp, currently powering my 6x9s (overkill FTW). This amp will run my sub and I'll get a £30 300W ebay job to power my 6x9s. So all I want is a sub.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
12" will be fine, what you have been told is b*llocks, its 15" which lag even then in some cases its not noticeable.

The 8" will be punchier but will lack low end, you might be disappointed, buy a 10" or 12". Get a 10" if your that worried about it lagging.

Im guessing that blaupunkt is 700w MAX, if it is whats the RMS output?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's:

Max Dynamic Power :
700 watts

4 channels into 4 ohms :
4 x 100w RMS

4 channels into 2 ohms :
4 x 150w RMS

2 channels into 4 ohms
2 x 300w RMS

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just found an Infinity Kappa VQ (<- very important "VQ" apparently) 10" sub. Affordable. Worth a buy?

It's either a sub or a back box by the way, still haven't decided weter to get a sub or a backbox. Help lolz. I already have 6x9s and component speakers for the front (not in yet)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Do you want to run the sub off that amp on its own? That infinity should be good, my mate had one, didnt sound too bad, if im right, then the middle of the sub lights up when it beats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts