All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I've not done much yet but im hoping too and it will be easy to start this now rather than further on. I got my Corsa B 1.2 GLS (93) for my birthday in June last year, cost £575 and had 67000 on the clock. It was in pretty good condition minus two small dents (both on drivers side) one on the front wing and one onthe back. Theres also a patch on the roof where someone kindly stuck a CB aerial and pulled the paint off, its been filled but havent sprayed it because of the weather. It already had bk racing alloys on it, nothing special but i reckon i got a pretty good deal overall. So here it is....

Me with the beast

Dents arnt really major so i havent tried to remove them or fill them and then respray them.

So seen as i hadnt passed my test i didn't do anything to the car until my uncle gave me a ministry of sound head unit and 10 disk changer £FREE :D

Great place to mount it i thought:shocked:

Then i got my own little corsa character

C'MON:laugh:

Then i managed to get some eyelids of ebay for £6, not everyones cup of tea but i thought they were worth a try...

Then after id passed my test i decided i wanted a bit more bass to my music so i brought a cheap sub off ebay (only a mutant) got myself a box to put it in, and then waited another month to be able to buy my kenwood amp for it...

Havent got a pic of my amp but its the Kenwood KAC-5203 only 350 watts

Then thanks to Mark at Ultimate Mods http://www.ultimatemods.co.uk
my corsa recived a full set of blue dash lights

Next up is a set of allcorsa.co.uk stickers from steve :)

So so far nothing major has been done to the car, and im not really planning anything big because ive no idea how long i'll be keeping it for + it's my first car. But heres a list of stuff im hoping to do..........

Sportex 4" oval back box
Post 97 front bumper
Badgeless grill
Debage sides
Maybe even lower 30 or 40mm (but i do give my mates lifts a lot and it already catches sometimes with a full car:eek:

If i manage to get a few more things done i should be attending PVS at Santa Pod with allcorsa (fingers crossed)

Thanks for looking:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Looks nice, sorry to be picky but why do people always slate mutant? they are just a trading name of Autoleads, who AFAIK are a very reputable company that produce quality equipment. My mutant stuff kicks ass compaired to the infinity/jbl cross I had before.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice, sorry to be picky but why do people always slate mutant? they are just a trading name of Autoleads, who AFAIK are a very reputable company that produce quality equipment. My mutant stuff kicks ass compaired to the infinity/jbl cross I had before.
I havent had a problem with it mate, sounds great, i wasnt going to spend a silly amount of money for something that to my ears sounds the same :laugh: For £15 im not complaining

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Looks nice and I think it should be lowered if you are serious about the exterior looks, plus I have to say the eyebrows over the headlights look kind of strange on subtle cars. But that is just my oppinion.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Steve are you not lowering your car for those finishing touches, or have I missed something along the line...?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Nah don't have time mate - final semester of uni begins in 1 weeks time so gonna be very busy and missus wants a holiday to Spain in summer for her 21st/celebrate me finishing uni - so need money. Gonna put low profile tyres on it and spoiler and that will be it I think.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Fair enough. I know what you mean about uni and time. Ive hardly had the chance to come on here lately.
Im going to spain in february to work experience in madrid for a week!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
looking nice for a first car mate :D im not too keen on 5 door corsas but the can look sweet with some choice mods, my mate has a sportex 3" on his corsa b, is it a 3" ur wanting aye?
i wouldnt have thaught that lowering 30-40mm would be to much of a problem, you could allways get ur arches rolled?

lovin the corsa dude btw :D where did u get it if you dnt mind me asking?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where did u get it if you dnt mind me asking?
I was looking on auto trader for months and then it appeared 1 MILE AWAY :D

I was looking at the sportex 4" oval mate on ebay for £94, was going to buy it when i get paid in Feb but tempted to buy steves 40mm springs now :laugh:

Dearing didn't you do something with your arches to get it that low?

And am i right in saying that if im only going 40mm i wont need to change the shocks?
And does anyone know how much it would be to get the springs fitted?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea it is always advisbale to do shocks aswell - but 40mm you can get away without doing shocks. If you were going to lower 50mm or above you would definately want to get some shocks.

Feb is fine with me if you did want them as Joanne (missus) will have been paid then so I can pay and arrange courier at my end aslong as you were to cover the costs.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definately interested mate, i'll have to see how much im getting paid in two weeks time (only work part time at sainsburys) any ideas on how much fitting would be ?? If you get any other offers steve sell them an i'll get some off ebay or something, dont want u to keep them for me just incase i cant have them off you come feb:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yea no worries mate - not sure how much fitting would be - I would go to a local garage rather than some garage chain like kwik fit and the like as they are likely to be more willing to do it and less expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking on auto trader for months and then it appeared 1 MILE AWAY :D
ur lucky lol, i spent ages looking for a nice wee car but i didnt have much mone as i only work part time in 2 jobs :D
luckily my mate had two corsas a 1.0 and the sport which i baught, even tho origionaly i wanted the 1.0 lol

but where did ya get the wee dude from the advert? i was looking at getting summit like that as a mascot for me car lol

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea no worries mate - not sure how much fitting would be - I would go to a local garage rather than some garage chain like kwik fit and the like as they are likely to be more willing to do it and less expensive.
Thanks steve, i'll let you know on the 1st of Feb (when i get paid) think i should be getting a bit extra because of a bit of overtime so should be having them off you if you got them still:thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 227 Posts