All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive had my car for about 5 months now, its my first car and its a corsa B in red (Flame Red 79L to be precise!) Its 15 years old so I'm not expecting to get it back to a 'like new' finish but I've been working on it to get rid of rust spots, bringing the trim back up to a reasonable colour (using peanut butter which is actually amazing stuff) and painting over areas where its been keyed (the previous owner clearly wasn't very popular!).

I'm at the stage now where I'm quite happy with the overall look after t-cut and waxing yesterday its absolutely gleaming but there a couple of bits that are bugging me....

On the drivers side rear there was obviously a sticker on the car advertising a company and in the faded red you can read the word 'sale' and above the chrome vauxhall letters on the boot was also the name of the company which i cant quite read, its not obvious to a glance but as I've been cleaning it, I've noticed it. I wondered what I can do to bring the colour up to obscure these areas? Here's a pic pre t-cut so its not as obvious now but still there :mad: :

The other bit it on the passenger side from roughly half way along the door right up to the boot is like it been caught in a spray of some sort that has stuck to the paintwork and I've tried everything to get it off.... soap & water, wd-40, peanut butter! :palm: and t-cut and nothing works..... Its definitely something stuck to the paint rather than erosion. Ive thought about oxidation but sure t-cut would have done something to help with that....

Here are some pics, its not easy to capture on camera but is quite obvious to the eye:

:confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading! :D

Gwin

·
Registered
223 Posts
tcut is only good for montegos, meistros and any other old english sh it boxes

before using ultimate compound, it would be worth claying with meguiars medium smooth surface clay kit to remove any contamination

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If I had a quid for every new user and their red corsa after using t cut I would have £36 this year.

The stuff is shit.

Reactions: tanktop

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the advise, ill give the ultimate compound a go first and post back the results :)

Vegas, sorry if my post annoyed you but I have no experience of cars, this is my first car and it was a big achievement for me. I don't have much money and couldn't afford anything better than a 15 year old red corsa.... I know that red is probably the worst for colour problems and I'm trying to make it look better but I'm very proud of my car.

I appreciate having the forums to go to for advise when needed and very much appreciate the advise i get. I lost my dad on the 1st June so have no-one for advise.

Gwin

·
Registered
459 Posts
As said, tcut is poo poo lol meguiars ultimate compound is the way to go. As said aswell you could try using some clay aswell before you compound it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got myself a Meguiars Quik Clay Starter Kit and it worked amazingly!

I thought I was never going to get rid of the white stuff but with not much effort the clay got rid of it, Its no incredibly shiny and feels as smooth as glass :)

Question is now should I wax now or polish first?

Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Polish it then give it a few coats of really good wax. Collinite is really good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
alot of people dont realise that you get better results if you decontaminate the paint before restoring, easy mistake to make i guess

add g3 to the shockingly crap list, along with tcut, watered down rubbish, oh, and autoglyms tyre shine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts