All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I assume many on here aren't big cooking fans. Keep them women in the kitchen and all lol. Well I am a chef by trade and would like to share some of the stuff I do. I use to work at a place called the inn at palmetto bluff it's a four star five diamond resort where I use to live in Bluffton South Carolina. After that I worked at a private community as the line supervisor. Basically I ran the line(we call it that it's basically the kitchen. Or hot line) for about three years. Well now I live in France and just want to get a thread started about food. Questions welcome if you want to make something. Here's some of my stuff

This was saffron risotto with roasted beat purée and seared haddock with crispy spinach

Next one is just something I did at the house

Lemon rosemary and thyme roasted bass with sautée peas mushroom and leek

Let the bashing begin lol

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
The Mrs love's cooking and baking and I've taken an interest. Baking is pretty technical with weights and timings, and it tastes awesome afterwards

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I eat pasta.

...and that's about it :laugh: But I cook all the sauces myself.

One of my favs that's pretty straight forward: homemade meatballs, red onion, white onion, garlic, pepper, oregano, basil, tin of chopped tomatoes, squirt of tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, sugar.

Let that lot simmer for ages and it's bloody lovely.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Everything after the meatballs is for the sauce.

The meatballs are mince (sometimes lamb mince because it's yummy:)), egg, salt, pepper, a few herbs. Don't really need anything more than that.

Oh and forgot to add for the sauce: Tabasco!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love me some meatballs. And sausage lol. Aligot is what I really love. It a French thin basically just a mix of potato cheese and cream just needs bacon and I'm in heaven.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i dont mind cooking.one of my favs which is pretty simple is corned beef, plum tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, basilm mushroom, onion and rice pretty much the same ingredients as a bolognese but with corned beef

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
i cook man food

steak
beans on toast
potnoodle
mash potato
chips
spam fritter
curry
stirfry.

Reactions: KingoStarr

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I love to cook, but I mainly follow recipes. I can cook quite a lot of stuff from memory but it's mainly one pots, stews casseroles etc.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I love cooking. I did my own nando's style chicken dinner the other day. Bought some nando's chicken marinade and baked the chicken. Added fries, grilled halloumi cheese & corn on the cobs. Was lovely.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I love to cook, but its nothing as fancy as restaurant food. Pasta, chicken, steaks, curries and hearty stews haha.
I can throw anything in an oven, just wouldn't call it cooking!

i dont mind cooking.one of my favs which is pretty simple is corned beef, plum tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, basilm mushroom, onion and rice pretty much the same ingredients as a bolognese but with corned beef
Almost sounded some a stew/soup I make which is a classic winter warmer/poor mans food (Before corned beef got expensive) but yours sounds quite curry-like - I may have to try this.

Corned beef, potatoes, onions, pepper all in a pan, boiled and thicken with some gravy mix. You can put other stuff in, but I like it like this. Its a hot stew and you can eat it with crusty bread or dumplings.

Either way, if you like corned beef, its nice and sorts you out in the freezing weather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts