All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone! i dont have a corsa, i drive a classic mini (which can be seen on www.retromods.co.uk) but will soon be needing something a little more reliable so debating getting a corsa for my next car.

what makes em so appealing to you?

cheers

m1c

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I never used to be a fan of the corsa b till my girlfriend got hers from her sister as she was getting a new car. It was their step dad that bought it for her sister as he feels vauxhalls are very reliable cars.

Since joanne has had it I love it - they are very easy to work on ie. replace parts etc and when done up they look really good even standard they look good. I used to want a bodykit on ours - not a big jap one or anything just the usual corsa bodykits you saw going around a few years ago.

Since joining here however my plans have all changed and i'm heading down the subtle route.

Have a look in the projects threads :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Because cheap to run, cheap to insure, bombproof 8v engines, and still look pretty good for their age.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Perhaps with different wheels and suspension setup

But definitely not in standard form its shocking, read some reviews about corsa B's

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Perhaps with different wheels and suspension setup

But definitely not in standard form its shocking, read some reviews about corsa B's
Yeah i gotta agree with you there, the suspension is shocking. I nearly tipped my car up going round an island the once.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Body roll is bad, i used to go round corners with my knee down like a bike rider :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
For me I would say it had to be because they are cheap to insure and both B + C look smart, dont want to be driving around in something that looks like a shed.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Corsa B's are brilliant. There's a wide range of decent engines which are very reliable. Parts are widely available. They are cheap to run and maintain. Really easy to work on, even for a novice.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
really fun to drive.
post of the week. u do come up with some **** lol

you find a 1.2 corsa fun to drive. i found a saxo furio to be like a go kart and much better than a 1.2 corsa lol

the only reason i have my corsa is because its economical and maily because its cheap insurance/tax

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
post of the week. u do come up with some **** lol

you find a 1.2 corsa fun to drive. i found a saxo furio to be like a go kart and much better than a 1.2 corsa lol

the only reason i have my corsa is because its economical and maily because its cheap insurance/tax
I like it :D It's like driving an armchair!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I loved the Nova (had 4), I love the Corsa as well (maybe not as much), the reasons?

The a-z of loving your Corsa

a) They are a nippy car for their physical size
b) Even the small engine ones have enough zip to not be totally frustrating
c) They are cheap (comparitively) to insure
d) The Corsa D has a 5* safety rating
e) The Corsa D has the smallest diesel engine available out there (in a car that is NOT french)
f) They are cheap to road tax (here the tax is rated on the engine size)
g) They handle well as long as you keep the suspension in good order and fit decent tyres.
h) They can fit on the same back country roads as those artics that insist on using them without you getting flattened.
i) Vauxhall/Opel dealers are mostly OK and don't rip you off too badly
j) Vauxhall/Opel mechanics are mostly OK and don't rip you off too badly
k) Almost every back street mechanic can competently maintain the car for you.
l) They are one of the easier and better documented car out there to maintain yourself.
m) They are relatively easy on the fuel, a well maintained car will do adequate mpg.
n) They fit 4 adults comfortably
o) There is a huge range of custom parts available (especially for the B)
p) They are fairly cheap to buy second hand (especially for the B)
q) You can still find Corsa B's in pretty good condition
r) The 8v engine is very reliable and will go on for hundreds of thousands of miles with reasonable care
s) They are fairly cheap to service (see j)
t) They have a 10,000 mile service interval
u) They come as standard in a not unpleasant range of colours
v) They come in both 3 and 5 door, so if you have babies/kids/dogs you can have a 5 door compromise
w) They handle well on icy roads and slow down if you take your foot off the throttle
x) The Corsa D comes with an impressive set of standard extras
y) You can join the allcorsa.co.uk forum without looking silly :laugh:
z) and loads more reasons I'm sure....

the (a) of not loving the Corsa

a) They take 12-17 weeks to get from the factory to being able to collect your new car :(

J.
:thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.