All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my uni room, ive got an ethernet port, which i connect to my laptop and have wired internet access.

Is it possible to make this wireless with a wireless router? if so what router would i need/work best?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
is it student accomodation?

if so they block you from adding routers to it

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
as in student halls not a rented house

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no idea tbh. In our flat, we have one consumer panel, which each room is hooked up too. And another consumer panel which operates the kitchen and living space

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
if your in uni halls is your uni that shit that they dont supply wifi?

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if your in uni halls is your uni that shit that they dont supply wifi?
Sheffield Hallam, don't have any halls. Its all third party managed accommodation. I'm with Unite, and in my accommodation they're putting in wifi in September. After I've left..

·
Registered
16 Posts
You could just get a wireless access point? You plug the network cable into it, and you connect wirelessly to it. Its not a router, it merely allows you to connect wirelessly. I dont even think they're that expensive. £30-£40 springs to mind :)

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
I've never been in any halls that do.
our uni accommodates for about 6000 students on campus and every room has wifi! theres literally 1 modem per 3-4 rooms! about 20 on each floor!

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
as he said he dont actually live on campus though :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
My bad... 18 years on, and i still cant read!! :palm:

Your best bet is the wireless AP as i said above. We use them at work to extend our wireless range, and we have absolutely no problem with it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts