All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have had my Pioneer HU DEH-6800 in my car for a while now running standard speakers. Before I even got my car i bought some Infinity Reference 5010cs but have never fitted them.

If I finally installed them would my system sound much better? (without an amp) I know everyone says get an amp! But I just dont think id get round to it, do it good. Ive just put my alloys on and need to put the exhaust cover, but on my present system im happy with the sound on good quality mp3s. Another job i need to do is earth the Ipod player through my glovebox! (but I cant find anywhere to thread the wire through to my glovebox from the outside grommet in the bonnet)

Ive advised my mate of what to get in his system and hes got the JBL GTO 4 way amp i would get if I were to get an amp, and if I dont fit these speakers he will probably buy them. The ******* will have a perfect sounding system in his newer punto AND he expects me to fit it all with him.

Anyway back to the point, Would it sound better with the speakers? I have heard people saying fitting infnity speakers made it worst than factory speakers, yet i read yesterday New speakers & factory HU is better than New HU and factory speakers!

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Yeah they should sound better than the standard ones .... mine do anyway ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Mine do to, was gonna connect mine to an amp, but well i seriously cant be bothered and dont have the time at the moment lol, you got a pretty decent headunit so you should find that they willl sound better :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ? Sorry the HUs the previous model, 6700MP. Is it alot of work? My mates got new speakers running of his HU (all different stuff mind) Still not had chance to see what that sounds like.

The sensitivity is something like 90/93db if im not wrong on the infinities, thats important when running speakers just of the HU I think?

·
Registered
497 Posts
The reason my old Infinity speakers sounded bad is still unknown but they were coaxials, my Infinity comps sound 100 times better. Upgraded speakers should sound better, if not just put the factory ones back in lol. Have you got comps or coaxials?

And yes the sensitivity is quite important, that was one of the deciding factors in choosing my comps. A higher number means they will go louder for the same power. i.e: if you put 20 watts through an 85db speaker, and also a 93db speaker, the 93db speaker will be louder.

·
Registered
447 Posts
well you get 3ways if you want bass from your comps.

sensitivity determines "volume" i guess. When looking at comps i look at freq respsonse, cone material, power handling first.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I assume 3 way comps have the frequencies split more, so each speaker produces less frequencies than a 2 way set so they would sound clearer and be less prone to distortion I guess.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I assume 3 way comps have the frequencies split more, so each speaker produces less frequencies than a 2 way set so they would sound clearer and be less prone to distortion I guess.
Yep :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yer. Having one driver devoted to lower freqs helps out the mid loads :thumbs_up:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts