All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a v reg corsa 1.2 16v it's been a good car but it will not start in the morning untill I push it off then it's fine all day untill the next morning.
I've tryed the fuses ,the relay, fuel pump is working and the plugs are fine.
I hope someone can help

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

When you say that the car won't start in the mornings, but is OK for the rest of the day, are you saying that the starter motor fails to turn the engine over?
If this is the case, the most likely cause is a duff battery. If it was the starter or its connections, or even an alternator fault, it would probably let you down at other times too.

If you have access to a voltmeter, connect this to the battery first thing in the morning, make sure that the hand brake is 'on', and that the car is out of gear.
Note the meter reading and have an assistant operate the starter for you whilst you again note the meter reading.
The first mentioned reading should be over 11.5 volts and the second one should NOT fall below 9.5 volts.
The above method of testing your battery is preferable to driving the car to a garage, in which time, the alternator would (hopefully) have put some charge in the battery, you could then get a false (good) reading.

If you do not have a voltmeter, you can get a fair idea of the battery condition by listening to the rotating speed of the engine as you operate the starter - If it sounds slower than normal, it may be due to a faulty battery.

Regards.

·
Banned
147 Posts
Hi.I think we need more about symptoms.Is there plenty of battery charge or are you having to push start it because the starter is not cranking enough?:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts