All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This is the 1st time im goin 2 b modifyin the look of my car but i dont wanna do anything like ova the top, jus make it stand out a lil bit more than the stardard corsa lol... i was thinkin of jus puttin a set of side skirts on the car but i dont no if it mite look stupid coz i havnt modified the front bumper or bk bumper so im a bit scared incase the side skirts look out of place.... these are the side skirts i was lookin at.. tell me wot ya think???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORS...DVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330054038613

here is a picture of my car aswell, jus incase it helps :]

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q184/markd18/mycar.jpg

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I would recommend colour coding your arches if you were to get those skirts, otherwise it would look at bit odd

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They look to be the m3 style sideskirts which are a good choice. They do look quite nice when fitted and aren't too over the top. Rieger do them and call them the 'rs sideskirts'.
Here's a picture of them fitted:

One thing I would definately recommend is lowering your car a bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe go for the Steinmetz skirts (the ones with a slight twist in the middle, look quite cool!), or a set of GSI skirts painted satin black? (of course if you got the skirts done in satin black, you would need to get the arches and black parts of the bumpers done to match to look ace!) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx, yea im gonna colour code everything, coz im gettin a new front bumper sprayed anyway so im gonna get everything done at the same time :] the thing i was worried about most is that will the side skirts look lower than the front and bk bumper coz theyre jus the standard bumpers??
wot would u recommend 4 lowering aswell, ive seen sum lowering springs 4 £40, will they work?? i dont wanna lower my car loads jus bout 40mm or summit max probs
btw them 17in alloys arent on anymore either lol.. had 2 take the damn things off coz it was jus messing wit the handling of the car and i didnt like it... so bk 2 the gd old corsa alloys :] lol.. altho im lookin 2 buy sum 15in alloys soonish :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
what front bumper are you getting to replace your old one? If your getting a standard bumper again, then i say Steinmetz or GSI, if your getting a deeper front bumper go for the GTC or M3 skirts. The GSI and Steinmetz will go well with standard front an rear bumpers, however the M3 skirts i feel would look out of place (as they are more square than the other skirts).

As for lowering, i say save up and get a decent lowering kit! I managed to get hold of a Spax coilover kit (lowers something like 30mm-80mm or something) for £250 new from a guy i kno, think he may have a few kits left! I can ask him if you want? (It'll prob be £250 posted to your door aswell)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im jus replacing it with another standard bumper so ill go for the steinmetz sideskirts, hopefully should look quite gd wen finished :D thnx 4 ya help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well its gonna take me quite a while 2 save that up like coz im goin away soonish and with gettin my bumper sprayed n that so i need my money 4 them.. ill hav alook into that afterwards, thnx anyway m8

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The steinmetz have a more modern look and really suit the corsa.
Also, if you consider the gsi skirts, think about doing similar to this:

As in keep the skirts and arches a greyish colour, as a contrast to your current colour.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
if your going for skirts in that style buy branded ones, if you dont there **** quality and an arse to fit, personally i think m3 skirts are R.A.N.K but thats just me.

d

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Definately go for a good make if i were you matey, and that corsa is stunning!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts