All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - just started looking into window tinting (something to get done when i have some cash) but wondered if anyone knows the rules that have to be followed. I've heard so many stories like if there to dark they fail MOT and what the recommendations are. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
back windows as dark as you like, front 2 windows can have a factory included tint, or film up to 25% light reduction, these r the same as onthe corsa B SRI windows.
and your windscreen must be free of any film, although you are aloud a 6inh sunstrip.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You cannot have anything on your windscreen or you will get pulled over straight away. They'll also pull you over if your front windows are too dark.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
yea think I will get it done professionaly unless my gf's step dad knows how to do it
Probably best bet as you can end up with bubbles all over it if it's not done right.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok been looking looking into window tinting a bit more as I would like to get it done soon either by xmas or just after. for the 2 front windows I was thinking a 10-15% light reduction - what do you think? Also what would you recommend for 3 back windows want it dark but not ott if you know what I mean?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
dont know? erm... 20-30% not sure how dark that is but by your figures it will be double the darkness of the fronts

·
Registered
696 Posts
www.m-tints.co.uk does all 5 corsa windows to whatever you want for £140, or has xmas special offer on at mo. based in sheffield, worth the drive as you wont find anyone as cheap as him, good job too :)

tell him that matt from Leedscruize sent ya :p

ask for mark

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what are your opinions on the film that you can buy and put on yourself? Theres a guy on ebay that laser cuts the film to the window sizes of your car. I would only be doing the 3 back windows.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Its well hard to do mate i recomend getting it done professionlly its a waste of money if ya **** it up an i have seen so many with bubbles an it jus ruins the whole thing then

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea thats what my girlfriend and i thought - just can't fond any window tinters in Aberdeen - theres a few places outside of Aberdeen but she doesen't drive yet still learning. main reason for window tints is that we are putting speakers on parcel shelf and want them out of sight from theiving c***s. The other way which my girlfriends stepdad said was to mount them in a stealth shelf kind of way but the speakers look really cool and would rather they could be seen.

Any Ideas??

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3209.html

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
their 6x9's mate, wouldn't bother, just get soem good front speakers, especially if your having subs, because the subs baffle the speakers on the shelf.
plus its a lot nicer sound with all the trebble and mid in the front, and the bass in your boot, rear speakers tend to make it sound off-balanced and not too good.

·
Registered
521 Posts
if ya want 6x9's and subs you can make box's that are part of the parcel shelf so they then dont use the same air space as your sub and i have a stealth shelf because i wanted them not to be seen my car draws enough attention from the thieving c***'s as it is

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i had mine done since we last spoke, sort fo wish i went for limo stlye but i went for the next one down, seems dark but not real dark if you get me, still looks good though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts