All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there fellow Corsa friends.

I'm after a little bit of help from someone who has experience of windscreen chips. I have a chip on my windscreen, but I can't remember whether it's been previously fixed (I've had a few over the years). See the below link to a photograph of the chip.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/p1040501u.jpg/

I don't want to arrange a repair and then look like a numpty if they say it's already fixed.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanking you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for looking guys.

The chip is only about 2-3mm in diameter. It's not in the drivers line of sight so it's not that bad... just worried if I leave it, it may get worse.

When I run my finger over it, it doesn't feel smooth... the grey bit around the centre circle is indented.

When autoglass repair the glass, do they drill into the glass? The centre circle looks man-made to me?!

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
I have a stone chip in my Windscreen, looks the same size, it had already been repaired once and has been repaired since, after the second repair the chip didn't disappear due to dirt in the chip, plus the resin they use can shrink and expand in extreme weather so it may look like it's still chipped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.