All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i have to replace my windscreen wiper stalk on my Corsa C. Would you be able to help me with guidance on how this is to be done. Would the entire steering column and all the plastic have to come off and if so what are the tools required to do this. Would it be standard screwdrivers and such. I have been qouted £60 by my nearest dealership to have the work done which i think could be a bit expensive. If there is also anyone that wouldn't mind doing this for me for a small fee ha ah i would be most grateful.

thanks for your time

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
It is a very simple job - you just need to remove the shroud from around the steering column (the plastic bit) - it can be slightly fiddly to get at the screws, but it isn't hard.

I'd put a photo of where the screws are but I'm useless at that kind of thing - hopefully some kind and more talented member will do that soon.

What I would suggest is to use about a third of the £60 you've been quoted and invest in a Haynes manual which will give you clear instructions how to do the job. So it will pay for itself on the first job, and then you've got it to refer to for as long as you keep the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.