All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 55 plate Corsa C and I?ve noticed this last week that when my wipers are set on intermittent that very rarely they stop slightly when they reach the top pointing up but only for a second or two.

They work on the faster settings ok and just wondered if I should maybe put some wd40 on the linkage or something and is it easy to get to? Do I just put it on while they?re in operation incase it just needs lubricating?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there i had the same trouble with mine, its probably the drivers side wheel box on the linkage seizing up, i lubricate mine about once a month then decided i had to do something about it, read below what i done...from Fred in Essex.

Changing Wiper Linkage and Motor on Corsa C 2001.
Firstly if you wish disconnect the battery, i didn't bother, remove the plastic cover from bottom of wiper arms, then remove both the 13mm nuts that hold the arms on, wriggle the arm around or may have to use a screwdriver to lever it off, in difficult cases may need a puller, as they are on serrated tapered pins, open the bonnet remove the rubber strip across the wiper area, take off the 3 plastic trims, will have to take out the two torq screws at either end of the trims when they meet the front wings, about T5, you can either take the washer pipes off or i just held them out the way with a bundy strap, you should now have access to all the wiper linkage and motor, make sure the motor is on the park position buy turning them on and off, disconnect the electrical plug from the motor, remove the two 8mm self tapping bolts from either side of the linkage, then pull the mechanism off the centre mounting pin grommet, carefully remove the whole mechanism out of the drivers side.
Lay new and old parts side by side and see that they are the same, if your changing the motor and the linkage all you have to do is just lever the two ball joint rods off and put them on the new linkage, you will have to undo the crank arm off the old motor, just undo the nut and lever it off, check the position relative to the drivers side pivot, it must go back in the same place or the wipers will park in the wrong place, i would say a couple of teeth either way should be ok...you may need to remove the mounting bolts from the old motor and re use them, when you fit the cups back on the balls give them some oil or grease...if your re using the old motor you will have to refit it to the new linkage, if your using the old linkage you will have to re fit it to the new motor, which ever your doing.
Offer the new mechanism up to the motor and fit the plug on and turn them off a few times to make sure they park in the right place...if not you will have to reset the crank arm on the motor in a different place, if all is ok remove the plug, and refit the motor mechanism, i found it tricky to get back in, but if you get it just right it goes in quite easy, you have to get the centre metal bracket under the slam panel and wriggle it in from there, if all else fails you could refit the plug and turn them on and turn ignition key off in a place where the rods are in a different place and try it like that, then take the plug off again, make sure ignition is off and dont catch your fingers in the mechanism...hopefully you can get it in, locate the centre grommet over the pin, line up both ends and secure mechanism with the 2 self tapping bolts, dont overtighten as they fit in plastic mountings, once it is all in refit the electric plug, make sure the catch engages.

Fit the two rubber mushrooms over the pins, biggest bit upwards, refit the left and right trims and locate them under windscreen etc, locate both ends in position and secure with torq screws at wing ends, refit the other trims making sure the washer pipes aren't caught up, refit the rubber surround to top panel, refit the torq screws as necessary, close bonnet, make sure the motor is in the park position and refit the arms, push arms down gently to make sure they dont hit the rubber, refit trim ends to arms, make sure the longest arm, 20 inch is on the drivers side, turn wipers on, wet the screen well and make sure they dont foul the rubber at either end, if they do you will have to take the arms off again and reposition them....that should be it.....
from Fred g4vvq 2017.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts