All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there folks, just registered there now, seems like a whopper forum! Was wondering if one of you fine corsa lovers could help me out. I'm a bit of a new kid on the block when it comes to wiring and electrics etc, was wondering what wire goes where etc etc?? I've taken a few pictures of my gear, I just need to know where to put my wires, don't want any fires occuring in my garage!

These are the amp connections--

I've got a wire for the battery, one for earthing it (shouldn't be too tricky), one for the head-unit loom I assume and a wire for the pre-outs on the head-unit itself. There's also two wires coming from each sub-woofer which I am not sure on which port to connect these. Basically once I know which wire goes in what hole we should be cruisin'

Help would be much appreciated folks!! :)

Here's a few more pictures thrown in for good measure

·
Registered
224 Posts
have you bought a new amp with a complete wiring kit or a second hand job if it is the later buy a amp wiring kit and in the kit it will have a full diagram of how to wire if not send me pics of the wires you got and i will post you a step by step guide on how to fit.:thumbs_up:

·
18,555 Posts
Is the amp designed to support multiple subs on different outputs? my amp has a left and right channel, but to use a sub i have to connect the sub - to the left speaker - and the sub + to the right speaker +. Maybe yours is like that? it does have a name but i cant remember it, cross something i think?

Obviously 12v to battery and ground to a ground in your car, not neccessarily back to the battery
and a phono lead to your stereo that plugs into input on your sub

hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too sure what sort of amp she is buddy. It was bought second hand off a good mate of mine, came with the wiring kit and I was there to see him remove it from his car so everything's there for installation.

Here's a picture of the wire connections; There's an earth connection, power cable, one for head-unit and I think the blue one is for head-unit loom...

·
18,555 Posts
the remote lead will still go in the head unit loom as long as you have a remote lead, or powered antenna seems to work too :)

just so you know, it just tells the amp when to go on and off so it dont rinse your battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lush, so basically I just plug this into the 'Rem' socket and into head-unit loom and thats us sweet with the remote lead? :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
have pm you mate with full instructions, hope this helps any bits you are confused with just pm me back mate:thumbs_up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts