All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post.

I have a corsa b and I have a leak problem in my boot, I am pretty sure the leak is coming from a split in the wiring gaiter/cover (not sure what it is actually called) that allows the rear wiper wiring to go from the car chassis into the boot door.

It seems some rubber seal has worn away and thus allowed the hole that it goes through cut a corner of the wiring gaiter which is now allowing water in when it rains.

Where can I get a new or second hand one, I have looked on ebay but no luck. I believe I can probably repair this myself with some help from a friend who knows his stuff about cars.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I think you are referring to a gromet.
Vauxhall should sell spares, otherwise you can buy generic ones off the internet.
Failing that, most scrap yards will let you have them for free

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that could be awkward to change, as you have thread the wire through it. I would double check that it is that before you go to it.
Yeah that is correct.

I think the wiring can be disconnected.

From what I can see to access this gromet that goes from the boot frame to the boot door ill have to take some of the panelling off to access this grommet to disconnecting the wiring I think to pull it out although I have no idea how one can actually get it out lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts