All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the guy who had the car before me completely ****ed up the car's wiring and so now it's in a real mess. currently i have two major problems: 1) My car stereo only works when the ignition is on (i.e no clock/flashing light etc when ignition is off) and my cigarrette lighter socket (i need for charging my phone) isnt wired in. so my question to you is where can i get a permanent live for my radio and id it ok to just wire the lighter socket into the ignition live that the radio is using?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My headunit doesnt work unless the ignition is switched on either i think it's how they work on a B, unless it's rewired sumhow not sure. Plus, the date goes off when headunit is activated.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My headunit doesnt work unless the ignition is switched on either i think it's how they work on a B, unless it's rewired sumhow not sure. Plus, the date goes off when headunit is activated.
yeah that how i thought they worked, but sureley yours keeps time/settings when it isnt on? mine doesnt.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If you mean the head unit keeps losing its settings, thats easy to sort. Take out the head unit, locate the red and yellow wires on the ISO connector (the plug that goes from the head unit to the cars wiring loom), and swap them round, up to you how you do that, cut both and reattatch the red to yellow and yellow to red, unless it has a plug thing on those wires to swap them round. It's a common thing, many people ask why their head unit loses its settings.

In regards to the cigarette lighter, take the ashtray out (4 screws) and there should be 2 plugs behind where the cigarette lighter was. Plug them into the back of the cigarette lighter (single terminal plug goes to single terminal, double goes to double, you'll see easy enough) and see if it works. If there are no plugs there then your car wasn't meant to have a cigarette lighter from the start. I assume you could take a live and an earth from somewhere else and attatch them to the lighter but I'm not certain. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chris,
For a computer techi dude you dont sound like you have a clue about cars! Or the electrics in them...
Dean
A.K.A Rotax47

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
im a "computer techi" dude too..
but i dont know about cars..
whats the problem?
thats what "learning" is for..
and just because you know computers doesnt mean you know anything mechanical.. hence "mechanics"
if we knew cars / electrics in cars... then there wouldnt be "mechanics" there would just be "computer techi dudes"

·
Registered
224 Posts
you could also put a dedicated live power source to your head unit from the battery that is what ive done and i dont have that problem anymore but either way should sort the problem out and what lee said about cig lighter is spot on.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, it worked :)

rotax47, dunno what your problem is but if you're trying to be clever and make me look like an idiot you should probably get your special needs carer to check things like that before you post, just to make sure they make sense ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts