All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Make sure the wiring kit supports the wattage of your amps, like if your amp gives out 100 watts RMS make sure the kit is rated at 100 watts or more. I think they are rated in watts :confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
go alot bigger then if you get a new system its there, saving pulling it all out again :thumbs_up: always keep a fuse handy for wire on battery just incase ,

·
Registered
447 Posts
you wana look at power rating in watts, and current in amps.

no point spending £10 per meter of 0awg if £1 per meter 8awg will do :thumbs_up:

best of planning your install through first, so you wont have to buy new/more wire later on if you need distribution blocks etc.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I reckon 4awg should do you fine if your running that pioneer sub i saw in the other thread. Buy a full wiring kit and on the box somewhere it should say what power ratings it can take

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah ive seen that sub though and 4awg wiring kit will be perfectly fine but if you look on ebay you can get a 0awg wiring kit for around £40 incase you ever wanted to upgrade in the future:)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Its alright having a 0awg but you will also have a "beefier" fuse, so it could be possible that the amp or sub could blow before the fuse does, its possible.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I dont really think the sub would blow, just keep the gains on the amp low, because if your into bass, one day will come when you no longer really want only 300wrms, adn you will want to upgrade!:)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Gains are used to match the pre amp voltage to the amp, you cant use it as a safety precaution, gains wont do anything if there is a surge. and you will lack performance because they arent set up right and you not getting max performance out of the amp.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes but keeping them low will stop a surge from actually gettin through if you get what i mean and i doubt a 0awg wiring kit fuse would blow the amp or the sub unless its some really crappy kit!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
But you stilll have the issue of poorer performance because you have to have it lower to protect it. Wouldnt it be much easier to use a 4 awg and buy 0 awg power and ground cable. if you needed it, wouldnt cost that much.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah maybe, 4awg will be perfectly fine anyway you dont want any smaller, and as we have discussed may encounter problems using 0awg:)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
haha, it depends wether you are thinking of upgrading or your sure you will be keeping it for a while and its not just temporary bass!

·
Registered
447 Posts
id run 4awg to the boot, if your sub is that pioneer i think i read about? this gives you the option to upgrade (as mentioned) to a bigger "bass amp", or even the opportunity to add a second amp (via a fused distribution block) to run maybe some components up front.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah thats the best bet really, and i would definately suggest amping some comps up front matey!:D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts