All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought some 6x9's (A swear word around these parts:rolleyes: ) and was wondering the best way to hook them up. I done the front speakers myself, but can anyone tell me the way to do the rear ones before I go poking about the wiring of my car.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hook them up to a cheap amp.

·
Registered
389 Posts
as lee said (which would be better sound quality) , or if you cant be bothered with messing about doing wiring then take the back panels of in boot they are only little then you will see wires.

same panels to change a bulb in the lights.then shove your phone up the gap towards the standered rear speakers with the light on an keep taking pictures untill you get one were you can see the colour of the wires .

Then go back down to the panel and snip snip those wires and come off them . this sounds stupid but thats what i did for about a year . sound quality wasn't that bad especialy if you got a decent headunit.. :D :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Only problem is I don't think all model corsas have the rear speakers so I'm not sure if the wires will be present.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Get a wiring kit think you've got to take it from back of head unit through to back and join them not too sure got mine to do still.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a pair of 6 x 9's in the parcel shelf because my 1995 Corsa 1.4 LS didn't have rear speakers. You do need a fair length of wire as you do have to take it from the back of the Head Unit through to the boot, you have to try to hide the wire as well. I don't know how to do this properly but I threaded my wires under the center console either side of the gear / handbrake, then under the front seats, under the mats in the rear, then each wire goes either side of the rear seat tucked down the sides, then finally they are threaded through the gap between the rear back rest and the seat cushion into the boot. Sounds really dodgey reading that back to myself but I don't know how else to do it LOL!! :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts