All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Where does the standard Corsa b tweeter wire connect up to?? Is it linking onto the main wire that goes to the door speaker? I'm just wondering as my mate wants to connect the tweeter cable to my main speaker, as i don't think I'm getting the full signal out of the main speakers.

·
Registered
497 Posts
As far as I know the tweeter wire is linked to the one that goes to the door speaker. I've said it before and I'll say it again, both wires carry the same signal (the wire is just split in a way). The standard tweeters have something attatched to them (capacitor or resistor I can't remember lol) and that filters out the deeper frequencies to it. If you have one set of wires connected to the door speaker you will already be getting the full range of frequencies. I'm running my comps off of just the wires that went to the standard door speakers, tweeter wire isn't used at all, and the full range is there.

By all means try connecting the tweeter wires to it if you like, but I'm almost certain it won't make any difference. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lol always a possibility but I havn't heard of JBL ever causing problems. Is there no high frequencies coming through them at all? You've still got the coaxials havn't you?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'd guess that maybe the tweeter part of your JBL's have broken? Seems odd that both speakers go at once though. Let us know what the rainbows sound like! :thumbs_up: I'm thinking about changing my comps, they are missing part of the deeper mid range/upper bass (the "warm" sound lol), voices sound a bit flat. Rainbow is a name I'd like to try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts