All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what this could be , , , up2 50-60 mph my steering wheel doesnt shake but increase this by 20-30 mph and its like holding on to a giant vibrating dildo could this be my discs bowed i dont think its wheel balancing as i have just got to new alloys after a crash also my discs grind if this helps (just waiting to change them anyway) just wondering what the problem is :confused:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Your front wheel(s) do seem to be out of balance, doubt they would be balanced when you get them, do they have any small weights on them? go to a garage which does tyres and ask them to balance your wheels for you, should do it at a small fee.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the shop i got them from (carnoisseur) said they come balancede , yes they have the led weights on them.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What size are the alloys? I had 17's on my old 1.2 corsa and when it hit 70mph it was scarey, used to shake like mad.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
alloys are 16 x 7 1/2 and its lowered 40 mm making my wheels anglein from the top a slight bit , i thought this was natural though

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It may be worth going to a garge and getting your tracking done. When lowering a car it puts the tracking out. It only costs bout £10-15. Should help at least a little bit.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Has your steering wheel moved out of line at all, ie it's slightly to the left or right when driving?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
yes it has slightly to the right i think it could be the hubs or suspension arm i crashed it abit o go does this mean one of my wheels is pulling its been tracked though

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Usually a sign of the tracking being out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
could be a number of things.

sticky calliper, warped discs, wishbones on the way out, wheels out of balance.

what offset are the wheels you have? are you running spacers at all?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no spacers not sure off the offset et47 maybe between 46 -49 anyway. i no i need a new bottom ball joint on one side and discs due to one being warped all try that first and see if not then a will let you no:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
anyone know what this could be , , , up2 50-60 mph my steering wheel doesnt shake but increase this by 20-30 mph and its like holding on to a giant vibrating dildo could this be my discs bowed i dont think its wheel balancing as i have just got to new alloys after a crash also my discs grind if this helps (just waiting to change them anyway) just wondering what the problem is :confused:
Yeah, get your wheels balanced. Is your tracking okay? Do you have alloy wheels..? Sometimes when you don't have spacers fitted, alloys seem like they're vibrating at high speeds. It happens with me. It's not unsafe, just annoying. I'd get your wheels balanced & check out your tracking mate. :driver:

·
Registered
393 Posts
i think the main cause of the wobbling at speed is probably the worn ball-joint, is the warped disc on the same side as the worn ball-joint?
when i first got mine the discs were slightly warped, after i changed them i'd noticed the ball-joints on both sides were slightly worn but when the weight is taken off each side when it's on a ramp, you can't feel any play in them when you rock the wheel. its a strange thing, it won't show itself up until you're doing a decnet speed or seriously pull on the wheel.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its got to be the discs a will let you know after xmas as i will get some. had 1 new ball joint havent done other yet but will do . tracking and balancing is spot-:thumbs_up: on

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine pulled bad to the left last week and was feeling heavy then the
inevitable happend got a flat called my break down and the alloy was smashed on the inside by the breaks and rim had come away from tyre so he hammerd it back again , all because i reversed over a high curb accidently to get out when some idiot blocked me in .

Dosent sound like that thoug depends how hard it spulling and if your loosing air out of the tyres that can give uneaven ballance.

Gd luck hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
can wheel spacers cause wobble? the garage put spacers on mine, there et40 do you think i need them?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Putting wheel spacers on would on make the offset even lower, and probably cause problems tbh. You may need to take them off when you lower it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.