All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 2004 1.2 corsa c , the battery was completely flat, no lights whatsoever, I have 2 keys, one with the buttons all gone and the bits underneath, and a key with no buttons,
How can I tell if the car is mobilised or immobilised, I have op com if needed.
The car turns over but will not start, a new battery has been fitted.
I don't himk the fuel pump is coming in , I have tested it on op com it works fine,
I have a code p0335. (4) crankshaft sensor a circuit malfunction intermittent, I have fitted anothe sensor, still no start,
I have been told it could be a ecu problem due to the ba terry going completely flat.
Does the key with no buttons turn the immobiliser off or do I need the key with the buttons.

Paul

·
Banned
885 Posts
The key with the buttons will (should) have the chip in it to keep the immobiliser happy.
The key without buttons MAY have a chip in it, but if it was just a patterned key, it may not have.
The immobilizer cuts off the fuel pump, so what happens if you use an un-chipped key is that, assuming there is petrol in the system, the engine will tend to 'fire' when you turn the key, but will then cut out within a second or so.
As your car has been standing for a long time, there may not be any petrol in the system (beyond the tank, that is)
There are a couple of things that you could pick from to try:
(1) Remove the induction hose from above the throttle body, get an assistant to turn the key (obviously making sure that the car is out of gear and the hand brake is 'on') whilst you 'dribble' about a desert-spoon full of petrol onto the throttle body - If the engine fires and runs briefly, the problem then is on the fuel side or the immobiliser is still preventing it from starting.
(2) You could check for a spark whilst your assistant turns the key. If you try this, make sure that you are not touching the spark plugs or the ignition module whilst the engine is cranking, or you WILL get a very nasty shock from it!
Let us know how you get on with the above, and we will take it from there.

Regards

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key fixed now, but still won't star,
Question, if the crankshaft sensor is at fault , when I crank the engine over, should the fuel pump work, as I am quite sure it is not.

Paul

·
Banned
885 Posts
Turn 'on' the ignition and listen for the pump priming.
With the engine switched 'OFF', you can check for petrol getting through by removing the two screws that hold the fuel rail cover in place (this cover is a rubbery looking textile material, and is located between the rear of the cam box cover and the throttle body).
At one end of the fuel rail, you will see a (black) plastic cap, remove this cap, cover the area with a thick rag and press the valve core (located under where said cap was removed from) with a small screwdriver. Obviously taking precautions to avoid fire.
Petrol should squirt out if the pump has pressurised the system.

Regards

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wont start fixed

connected op com up today, went to live data, cranked the engine and no RPM reading, fitted a brand new crankshaft sensor, and fired up no problem. All fixed now.
PAUL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.