All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was driving back from work today, doing about 60/65mph with no troubles at all until I could feel the car like hopping every so often?

Slowed down, moved into 1st lane but as I hit 40mph, EML came on and dropped down into 30mph and hit limp mode.

Ok - Moved onto hard shoulder, idle all over the place so turned it off. Left it a couple of mins, went to restart it and it wouldn't rev at all! Got my partner out as at first thought it may be fuel (fuel gauge broken but light works), put fuel in and it started first time. Drove it for another 3 miles and cut out again.

Now, its starting but wont rev at all and just cuts out.

When you try and start it, it takes a while and you can hear it like splutter, it then starts, but doesn't stay.

Personally, the spluttering suggests crank sensor...

What do we think? Any Advice?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Tried more fuel? If you completely run out, if may have sucked crap up from
Bottom of tank, and blocked fuel filter partly. I'd personally stick few Kerry cans of fuel in and then take from there

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for your reply mate.

Not convinced it's run dry though. I put £15 when I picked the car up last night. Not sure how much was in there but the light wasn't on (actual gauge doesn't work... annoying) and have done 45 mile on that. Then it started playing up today and put £8 in from the can, surely that's enough? Yes?

I need to order a new filter, so will try that..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Am picking up a new service kit tonight so hopefully that will sort my issues

Any chance someone can link me to the correct op com kit on eBay? There's loads on there, I'd just like to get the right one!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Changed plugs and fuel filter, cleaned crank/cam/throttle/maf sensors, icv, egr and throttle body and it'll start but just won't rev and cuts out... Almost like no fuel

There's fuel going to the rail as it squirts out the nipple there.

Eventually got it running, but after 5 mins it cut out again with it starting to splutter like no fuel.

Am going to try more fuel tonight with some redex, and picking a new crank sensor up too

Is it possible the injector has got full of crap from the tank being low?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.