All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i've decided that i'm going to do a 1.6 16v conversion in my 1.0 corsa. The 1.6 will be from a corsa sport, but i'm having slight issues getting my head around the wiring and what i need to do. Am i right in saying that theres 2 looms that attach to the ecu, one is the car loom that comes from the bulkhead and the other is the engine loom? I'm also wanting to keep the ecu in the engine bay so it saves any hassle having to relocate wires etc. How do i go about attaching the existing 1.0 car loom to the 1.6 ecu as from my understanding the 1.0 car loom plug in the engine bay is completely different from the car loom plug in a 1.6 sport. Would i be correct in saying that if i was to cut the car loom plug off the 1.6 sport and also cut the plug from the 1.0 car loom in the engine bay i could just match up and connect the wires from the 1.6 car loom plug to the remaining 1.0 car loom and connect it to the ecu then plug the 1.6 sport engine loom into the ecu and wire up engine loom to the engine or is it alot more difficult than that?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
58 Posts
Easiest way is to change the dash loom for the sport one aswell, not as difficult job as people make out, simply disconnects in passenger footwell, and then u have the coreect wiring in drivers footwell and through to simply plug the 1.6 engine loom in, recently put a redtop In a 1.0 shell and did the same thing, changed the dash loom for a sport one because for the sake of half an hour changing it its so much easier to wire into than chopping all the wires that go to the ecu through the bulkhead on the 1.0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts