All Corsa Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

X12XE Conversion

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ash66 
#1 ·
Hi there,

First post on this forum. I have a Corsa B 1.2L 16V X12XE engine.

The Corsa C has the Z12Xe engine which produces 10BHP more than the X12XE.

I know you can convert the X12XE to a Z12XE has anyone done this or knows how to do it.

Could you explain which parts of the engine I need to change?

#3 ·
not worth it at all, absolute nighmare of a conversion to do, namely the wiring. Engines are still fairly expensive. I paid £150 for a corsa c gearbox so im guessing a full engine with ecu, driveshafts, loom etc would be £350-£400 easy.

Best bet if you wanted more power would be to transplant a 1.4 16v or a 1.6 16valve out of a corsa sport into you car. Its a very straight foward swap. Can be done in a few hours. A few of us on here have put a nova gsi engine in, i have one to put in, which is a very solid an reliable engine with 100bhp so fairly nippy and there also a straight swap.

#7 ·
Or even an 8v engine with more va-va-voom, like a C16SE.....or as mentioned above the 16v C16XE. When buying, you need the engine loom and possibly alternator (in case the donor has PAS and yours doesn't and vice versa).....look for an engine which has low mileage and possibly been recently 'furbed (eg. new cambelt, head gasket).

I picked up an Astra engine (8v 1.6, C16SE) with loom, alternator, air box and a load of other engine bay bits for £100 that had done 60K and recently been given new head gasket and cam belt :thumbs_up: Even had FSH up to 45K.

#9 · (Edited)
The C16SE is 100BHP standard, just 7BHP short of the C16XE which throws out 107BHP. I get more torque in the lower gears but would lose it top end in comparison.....not exactly devastating.

Plus...I didn't even have to change the engine loom, my 1.4 8v original worked fine with it.

Yeah I snapped it up.....good clean refurbed engine for £100, larfin' ;) It's the same engine they used in the Nova GSi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.