All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official Sticker Trader
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
x12xe Misfire - SOVLED

Hey all, I know there is already a thread about this but don't want to thread jack.

I just pull up in my close and the car almost stalled and now sounds rough as shit. I did give it abit of a hard drive home.

So I'm hoping it's just the coilpack gone *I have a spare in the garage*. But there is no EML, not sure if there would be. But my brother got a video. Hope you guys can shed some light on what it could be?

I did have a bit of an oil leak on the side of the block but thought it was the EGR valve gasket gone.

Thanks guys,

Here is the video of the car now:

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
If the EML is on I'd check the fault code(s).

It would be worth saying when it was last serviced - a misfire can often be caused by something as simple as a dying spark plug. (That can throw up the eml if for example unburnt fuel enters the exhaust and triggers the Lambda system.)

·
Official Sticker Trader
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks Taurus, was hoping you would shed some light on it :)

Hmm I think I last serviced early summer last year or late August last year, so I guess it's over due to be fair.

I just took it up to my dads to see what he thought and the change the coil pack over.

But no luck, we checked all the plugs, nothing looked out of place 1st spark was a burnt orange colour, the rest where abit white and grey. So I suspect it's running lean anyway. But i'm going get it down to my local garage to get a diagnostics on it, it should only cost me about 25 quid there.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Sounds like a plan. For a bit more than the £25 garage cgarge you can get the Opcom system which runs on a laptop/netbook - it allows you to do more than the handheld units (and given the year of your car most of the handhelds way not connect). There's a guy on VVOC who does it http://opcom.weebly.com/ - not the cheapest, but it's the genuine article with the latest software (downloaded from his site) and he gives first rate aftersales support. If necessary there's an adapter to connect the later style of USB lead to the earlier ports - but I think yours will take the current lead.

Once you've got the kit you can read the codes yourself - so it pays for itself over and over again.

·
Official Sticker Trader
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know about the kits you can run on the laptop. Tried them and failed with them many times, so don't really fancy wasting money on it to find it don't work.

I mean ok that should be the correct one and work like a charm but had so much trouble with them in the past I can't be asked with them anymore.

EDIT:

Just had a real look at the link you gave me, and can say i've used that menu displayed in the pictures. And after reading some of the website im not going to bother with that.
A 4 month guaranty is rubbish, if the product generally works and works well surely he would give you a years guaranty.

I would rather go down to the garage which I trust and have dealt with many times and pay the 25-30 quid to get it done there. But I know even if I do get the fault codes checked it's not going help. Or at least I feel that way lol

·
Official Sticker Trader
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so the car is going to the garage this afternoon hopefully.

I changed all the sparkplugs over to some others I had that still worked. Didn't change anything, started worse if anything haha. So im going to put the newer ones that I took out back in. Going to give the MAF a clean before I take it to the garage just to be sure that doesn't throw another fault like it always seems to do in my car.

But like I said before hopefully the diagnostics will shed some light on it and just point me at a sensor that has gone wrong :)

·
Official Sticker Trader
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Went down to the garage today, got it diagnosed with a fault with the EGR valve.

Drove back home from the garage, less than 500 yards from the garage the EML goes off. I was giving it abit as I knew it wasn't a big problem with the engine now.

My dad's next door neighbour suggested giving it abit of a long run to see if it cleared the misfire problem, and the EGR valve.

So headed down a dual carriageway before going home, so as I joined the carriageway I put the boot down in 4th gear to 5k rpm for about 5miles. Turned around and came back the other way but this time just drove it normally. Got home and TA DA! it's fixed :D

Cause of the problem *Maybe*
I will add that about a day before this started my dad suggested to add so stop smoke into the oil, as it is abit smokey from time to time. But he said to add the whole bottle. That was a bad idea! :palm:

Oh and want to also add, im gonna do an oil change on the car tomorrow, getting some engine flush aswell to clear it out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts