All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping an E16SE into my Corsa Sport X14XE, and just wanted to know if I'm going to come across any wiring issues, and does anyone have a basic guide or wiring diagrams to get the engine up and running, and get the dash working properly?

Im on a very tight time scale so obviously this would be of great help :thumbs_up:

Also, my original engine mount (PAS & Aircon one) will still be ok for the 8v, as its basically the same block isnt it?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
Dropping an E16SE into my Corsa Sport X14XE, and just wanted to know if I'm going to come across any wiring issues, and does anyone have a basic guide or wiring diagrams to get the engine up and running, and get the dash working properly?

Im on a very tight time scale so obviously this would be of great help :thumbs_up:

Also, my original engine mount (PAS & Aircon one) will still be ok for the 8v, as its basically the same block isnt it?
wiring, whats the e16 out of?

engine mount will be fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its from a Nova GTE. The loom is all still attached to the engine, in place, ready for it to go in.

Its a very simple engine loom, thats not the issue, I just want to know what bits of the corsa loom i need to leave if any (for dash etc??)

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
ahh ok. right the dash feeds etc are all done off the small square plug in the drivers foot well. iirc the gte loom is in the bay, so you neeed to run the wires to the gte plug. use the connector off the old x14xe loom and make a little loom up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am i right in assuming the plug you're talking about is the one with about 20 wires passing through a large cylindrical plug? looks to be heading down towards the drivers footwell going through bulkhead. I will get wiring diagrams and work it all out.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
yes. thats part of the x14xe loom. you need to undo the kick panel in the drivers foot well, unplug the ecu and fuel pump relay and pull it through into the engine bay. youll be left with a 9 pin black plug in the foot well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right I've had a look now the engine's in and I'm a tad confused. As far as I can see, theres an ECU loom attached to the engine, and the original ECU loom that's dangling in the engine bay after coming out of the footwell up by the windscreen.

Do ANY of these wires from the X14XE ECU need wiring into the E16SE loom? Or are they treated as a separate entity?

Also, as far as power to the dash goes, is this the the earth and live that's from the battery going through the bulkhead in the centre and to the passenger side?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone help?

The only wire I THINK I need from the original wiring loom is the ignition key wire to activate the ignition?

Or is there some dash wiring in the large wiring loom that goes into the drivers side footwell.

Im assuming the wiring into the centre and passenger side is for the dash?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from Euzkadi (Basque country), I am working in a unfinished classic mini with a opel e16se engine from a corsa A. I dont know what cable conect to revcounter. I need some help, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts