All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hiya there everyone

i know this aint a nova site but how hard is it to put a x16xe in a nova do i need to move any of the mounts? Performance wise i am going to put a performance inlet and 4-2-1 manifold, exhast system and a remap how much bhp would i be looking at?

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
120-130bhp i would think, inlet manifolds work great on the 1600's. remaps are also well worth it if you have mods such as full system, filter an inlet!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool cool but i thought it would be more than that because the inlet gives you 20bhp or ment to and what bout all the engine mount will i have to do anything at all?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i no i was just saying. it will be going in a 700kg nova the engine so it will be quite fast and does anyone know about the engine mount

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I think the mounts are ok. Failing that the ones from the x16xe should do.
Try dropping a pm or email to Chris Astley on here. He knows all there is to know about conversions and can supply any parts needed at verygood prices.

Performance wise I think realistically aim for the 120bhp mark. There's a good chance you will achieve more but at least you won't be disappointed if you don't get big figures.
And 120bhp in a 700kg Nova will be very fast.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
with a 120 od bhp nova it should keep with a vts but they are very quick cars 0-60 for what they are.my mates one suprised me when i raced him.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
if your nova is only 700kg it should keep with one or beat it.when i raced my mates one i didnt think it was that fast so didnt really try first of all but soon court back up an over took him but mines a 2l.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I was gona say Jim yours is 2L anyway and you can now indulge in the activity of 'messing around' with the likes of the VTS and 106 GTI :laugh:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hiya there everyone

i know this aint a nova site but how hard is it to put a x16xe in a nova do i need to move any of the mounts? Performance wise i am going to put a performance inlet and 4-2-1 manifold, exhast system and a remap how much bhp would i be looking at?
And mate, this is just as much a Nova site. Corsa A (Nova), Corsa B, C and D :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
theres not a massive amount in it tho until you get past 100+ an the xe keeps pulling strong.:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
kk cheers everyone i have just got the engine home with everything includin ecu and the loom but aint i ment to have some key or something

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hiya sorry for being a pain i been speaking to some of my mate and they said why dont i got for the 8v version what would that kinda keep up with a few little mods like port and poshiled, lightend flywheel, cam and 4-2-1 manifold

1 - 20 of 24 Posts