All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what this hose/tube is for and where it connects too please? On 2000 reg Corsa Sport X16XE, is it important? I just found it not connected to anything, what problems could this cause?

Does it connect to the place in the bottom picture and if so, how? Because its not long enough to reach it unless you need a rubber L-peice?

Sorry for the massive pictures.

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The way I'm looking at it (which is probably wrong because I'm hopeless at photos of things) that outlet looks about where the secondary air injection is. If the pipe doesn't reach it - it looks like it's been wrapped around the rubber tube adjacent to the header tank, shouldn't it be coming out from the other side of it?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way I'm looking at it (which is probably wrong because I'm hopeless at photos of things) that outlet looks about where the secondary air injection is. If the pipe doesn't reach it - it looks like it's been wrapped around the rubber tube adjacent to the header tank, shouldn't it be coming out from the other side of it?
I have no idea, it looks like it would reach with one of those rubber L-pieces, is that what connects them? Because the disconnected hose isn't maluable enough to go over that other bit by itself.

Is it important? And what does it do?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
I've had another look - and I'm thinking it is the fuel tank vent. If I could figure out which side of the battery I'm looking at in the photo. :eek:

Does the pipe (can't see on the photo) go along the rear bulkhead towards the driver's side of the car?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had another look - and I'm thinking it is the fuel tank vent. If I could figure out which side of the battery I'm looking at in the photo. :eek:

Does the pipe (can't see on the photo) go along the rear bulkhead towards the driver's side of the car?
Your looking at drivers side of the battery and yes it does, but then it goes out of sight

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
OK - well I think that's what it is then. No problem leaving it off so long as it doesn't get blocked. The valve is meant to feed fumes from the tank into the intake. So long as the tank is vented you won't have a problem.

Perhaps not wise to stick a match near the end of it - just in case!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts