All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been off the road for some time now and i've been thinking about doing a 1.6 16v conversion to my little 1.2. :thumbs_up:

I'm in the process of figuring out all the bits and bobs i need. I planned to use standard pistons and con rods with ARP rod bolts and SBD cambelt rollers but have been debating whether to go for the full forged pistons and con rods or is that overkill:shocked:??

I'm looking to run an engine spec of approx. 130- 140BHP with a raised limiter.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Tubz

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Aftermarket intake manifold with a decent carbon enclosed filter
Aftermarket exhaust manifold into performance cat back exchaust
Superchip / remap

All the above should see you with approx 130-140bhp with a slightly increased rev limit from the superchip / remap
Not sure how many rpm is safe on standard internals and drive belts though

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate you taking the time to help mate. Just been looking round on other sites and it seems with arp rod bolts they should be good up to 7400rpm but all depends when the power peaks i guess :thumbs_up:. Got a little while yet till i can start work on my car again though due to funds and other commitments. But at least i know how to get there!

Cheers mate,

Tubz

·
Registered
156 Posts
stock rods are good for 8k rpm balanced. get the pistons pocketed 2mm deeper and you can run some half decent cams and support maybe 180bhp on tbs but if go decent cams you start to need steel valve caps as stock ones WILL split, then springs etc.

any parts i can supply

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Get a set of cams, raise the limiter (may need aftermarket rev limiter like omex and map the standard one off if you cant adjust it) decent full exhaust system (4-2-1 + cat back), pannel filter (could run diblas inlet/bike bodies on a bogg brothers inlet depends what you want to spend) and then get it all mapped up (again could get a live map but will be a little more £££)

Not sure on power gains of the X16XE but my 1.6 zetec would see 140 easily with just cams/exhaust/map on standard inlet, looking at 150+ if you change the inlet system

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a set of cams, raise the limiter (may need aftermarket rev limiter like omex and map the standard one off if you cant adjust it) decent full exhaust system (4-2-1 + cat back), pannel filter (could run diblas inlet/bike bodies on a bogg brothers inlet depends what you want to spend) and then get it all mapped up (again could get a live map but will be a little more £££)

Not sure on power gains of the X16XE but my 1.6 zetec would see 140 easily with just cams/exhaust/map on standard inlet, looking at 150+ if you change the inlet system
Cheers mate... i'm not after mega power just want a solid engine, will be tuned for handling and acceleration more than anything. Should have a bit of spare cash so hopefully can get a new inlet manifold, a good exhaust system, a nice set of cams and get a good map to start me off.

Cheers for the reply mate,

Rich :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Cheers mate... i'm not after mega power just want a solid engine, will be tuned for handling and acceleration more than anything. Should have a bit of spare cash so hopefully can get a new inlet manifold, a good exhaust system, a nice set of cams and get a good map to start me off.

Cheers for the reply mate,

Handling wise, coilovers will make a massive differance but then you need to stiffen things up too so get things like polybushes and strut braces, wider wheels help too :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Handling wise, coilovers will make a massive differance but then you need to stiffen things up too so get things like polybushes and strut braces, wider wheels help too :thumbs_up:
Definitely plan to get a full polybush kit if funds allow.. Have heard only great things from lads who've fitted them! A front strut brace will get fitted after the engine goes in! Am getting excited just thinking about working on my car to be honest. Still a month or so yet though :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.