All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1082 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name is Cliff

Drive a 1.4 LS - Auto in Horrid Purple/Blue .... Sooooo need to respray it something better

Slowly working on the car, but my disabilities stop me from doing alot to the car,

Anyone care to lend a hand. Ive got cash to do the work just not the energy or body strength to do it lol

Live in a smallish town called Ramsgate, very much near Margate... although all us from Ramsgate will never admit that LOL!

Will post some more pics of my car when its daylight

Work Done So Far:
Xenon Bulbs + Sidelights
Blue LED for MFD
Replaced Bulbs in Dash (Speedo Bit)
New Trackrod Arms
New Ball Joints
New Front Windscreen (Some little **** shot it with a air rifle)
New Front to Back Exhaust (Only a standard One) .... Still Knocks like Chuff!!!!
Blue LED Interior Light
5 New Tyers on standard 13"
New Front Splitter :p Original Corsa B (Thank God for a local Scrappers :D)

Still Lots more to do!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sounds and looks good so far chap, get her debadged and some back to black or heat gun the plastics and your onto a winner :]

By the way whats your verdict on automatic corsas, thinking of getting one for the misses as shes moving here next year. But bless her shes only got lisence for automatic.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
By the way whats your verdict on automatic corsas, thinking of getting one for the misses as shes moving here next year. But bless her shes only got lisence for automatic.
I think they are fantastic, only thing you have to remember is on a cold start that 1st gear is a bit sluggish.... until the auto fluid warms up. However keep on top of making sure the auto fluid is nice and clean and you'll never go wrong.

I've only had the car a little over 3months and already ive done 7000 miles in her .... Love the car to bits... taken it all over pretty much , first week of getting her i did 600 mile round trip to visit family......

Would deffinatly advise though to get one with fairly reasonable milage...... and be prepaired to pay a little extra for the auto models.....

I paid 500quid for mine and i think that was a BARGAIN!

Edit : Also Dnt what ever you do use the BIG "S" Button on the Auto Stick...... what is a normal 30 mpg round town goes to about 15 if you use it.... although fantastic to burn off with a LOAD ROAR! when a little twerp in a Saxo is next to you!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Great review thanks! I will keep it in mind. My reasoning behind getting her a corsa is since ive had mine, ive learnt allot about them so i thought if she has one too, can keep servicing bills and that down! :)

500 is definatly a bargain mate! :eek:

Edit : Also Dnt what ever you do use the BIG "S" Button on the Auto Stick...... what is a normal 30 mpg round town goes to about 15 if you use it.... although fantastic to burn off with a LOAD ROAR! when a little twerp in a Saxo is next to you!
I think i heard jeremy clarksons voice in my head when i read this :laugh:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
What work needs to be done mate? From bits your have done sound like you know what your doing already!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i Want to do the Speedo Backlights with LED's, however trying to do that for me is very painful, however i will attempt it....

Also wouldnt mind installing Footwell Strip Lights, and i need to find someone to respray my bonnet

also need to get a few things sorted like Rear Lights etc

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah its the Bluey Purple Colour , although wud love to change it to something like a Perlized 3 Tone Colour :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mines lighter than that, 2moro i will post some more pictures once i have better light

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
mines a purpley blue :) i love it, and you dont see many in atlantis blue :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that what the colour is Atlantis Blue????

Sweeet !

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup thats my colour :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As Promised some more photos of my Car in the daylight

And before you all say it, i already know the car needs a good clean lol

However can you see what i ment about the bumper faid? its like the laquor has come away from it

·
Registered
950 Posts
Ahhhh i think its the same colour mine was before i had it resprayed black!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Needs a good new coat of paint on it to bring it back to life

·
Registered
950 Posts
You'll be surprised what a good t-cut and waxing would do for that.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You've seen my list of what i would still like to do so far, have i missed anything?

·
Registered
950 Posts
1 - 20 of 1082 Posts