All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MERCMAN

Drives: merc. e-300 td. 7 seat. est.toyota mk4 supra (400bhp). corsa 1.4i. 16v. active HB.

hi everyone, long time since my last post but thought i would give you the final situation, and can you beleive it came from what i considered a joke at the time from doony, YES i finally drilled a 10 mm hole in the floor and decked the floor out with a plastic matrix so the water can run out without the insulation and carpets getting wet, it has worked and i blame vauxhall for me having to be reduced to such a bodge up. all this follows me resealing the brake servo and several other items on the bulkhead, i had 3 choices. 1, sell the car, 2, take the dash out completely and 3, take the engine out for access. don't want to sell the car it is superb apart from this mega vauxhaal balls up, the other two options could create more problems.
this is the first time a car problem has beaten me.
does anyone know if the very latest corsa cars have this problem. ? mercman.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not 100% sure what you are saying but I'm guessing that you are going on about the leaky footwell problem that I had on my car a little while ago.

Whatever you do, don't take it to Vauxhall they will charge an absolute fortune for it to be done. It is a relatively easy fix just takes time to do. Water normally come in near the pedals and in the engine bay there are some holes which you just fill in and problem solved.

Well that's what I done on my Corsa C and it worked but wasn't 100% sure what you was on about didn't make much sense. If you can be a little more clear then I may be able to help

·
Registered
8 Posts
MERCMAN

Drives: merc. e-300 td. 7 seat. est.toyota mk4 supra (400bhp). corsa 1.4i. 16v. active HB.

hi everyone, long time since my last post but thought i would give you the final situation, and can you beleive it came from what i considered a joke at the time from doony, YES i finally drilled a 10 mm hole in the floor and decked the floor out with a plastic matrix so the water can run out without the insulation and carpets getting wet, it has worked and i blame vauxhall for me having to be reduced to such a bodge up. all this follows me resealing the brake servo and several other items on the bulkhead, i had 3 choices. 1, sell the car, 2, take the dash out completely and 3, take the engine out for access. don't want to sell the car it is superb apart from this mega vauxhaal balls up, the other two options could create more problems.
this is the first time a car problem has beaten me.
does anyone know if the very latest corsa cars have this problem. ? mercman.
Hi Mercman. This problem is exactly why I`ve joined this forum.I`ve only just bought my Corsa and was on the point of rejecting it through this water problem.Can you explain what your plastic matrix looks like and I can show the dealer I bought car from what he needs to do...or else.Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.