All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No its not a car, its my house. lol. As we speak im lying in bed and all that is covering the gaping hole in my roof is a sheet and a sheet of tarpaulin.

Here the pics from the start. We moved in in August.

A few days after we moved in: there was a gatepost and tile things ontop of the wall along with a pillar so i got rid of that and already it was looking better:

Next I Painted the wall which made the house look alot fresher. And we also got rid of the trees on either side with the help of some friendly Neighbours. Also got the windows replaced:

The guy that had stayed here before us had stayed in the house for 40-50 years so pretty much everything needed replacing. Here are pics of the old Kitchen:

The cooker got condemmed due to a gas leak:

The side of the neighbours garage was grey so i gave that a coat of paint aswell:

I also took the green house down. I Still need to dig out the concrete foundations, does anyone really blame me for putting it off. lol

Garage was a bit of a mess, as was the side of it which turned into a rubbish bit for a while:

Continued on next post. Dam the ten image rule

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At the back i removed 2 walls and a wee hut, patio is in a terrible state as can be seen from the pics. All the windows downstairs at the back were replaced. A set of patio doors were put in although we havent got around to getting stairs up to them yet:

Since this a new kitchen an bathroom have been put in although i cant find the pics, ill take more next time its tidy. lol

When we moved in the stairs had been painted white but after a few hours with a heat gun they looked like this:

Then after using some nitromorse on them they look like this:

My mums bf has also started to plaster the front room:

Anyway the extension got started last week. The front dormor is being pitched and there is a dormor going out my room so i get an en suite bathroom. Heres the pics:

continued on next post

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Needs lower, and maybe some sone tints. :p

Anyway nice house, how many rooms is it?
i was thinking more of a gsi kit and speedlines myself....

its 3 bedrooms, although can be classed as 4 as some people use their back rooms as a bedroom.

My dads a building contractor so ive been learning how to do stuff since i was wee. I worked for my dad for a wee bit but he lost the plot when i refused to work as i wanted to go to the pub with my mates instead :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Is it a three door like for the GSI kit? :p

lol have to always choose the pub over work lol

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long do you reckon it will take - or is there no real timescale?
there is no real timescale. Its getting there though. The 2 rooms upstairs should be finished within the next 4 weeks.

Then we have 3 rooms downstairs to finish, a new driveway an possibly a new garage. All i want is the garage though. A big heated one:D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Looking very good matey! Fair play to that i would cry at doing something like that, im more of a person who would rather move into a house where its all already done!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wonder how long it is before you have someone venture out onto the patio drunk ;)

Nice gaff mate :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More pics:

Im now wanting to get a glass door for the bathroom as today my room was soooo much brighter with those windows in, not sure if building control would allow it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts