All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i went round my mates house on monday and his dad is a complete t**t! All nite he was ****ging off my car cus it ent the powerful. He has a laguna "sports tourer" 1.9 diesel. I has enough of his going on so i said that diesels are ****, he said to come and drive my car and feel what powerful engine feels like. Iv previously driven a 1.6 16v c2 vts with 126 bhp compared to the laguna 120. to cut a long stort short, i am dedicated to getting a car with more power than his dads car. Im 18 and i have a years no claim so insurance is an issue. I could go up to group 13 max. Im not interested in gettin a red top in mine but i would possibly get a convered corsa. What other cars would be a good option??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ye i dnt mind jap cars, i just want something that will look good, run good and will leave his car 4 dust

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
how about getting sum driving experience n stop listening to ure mates dad chattin ****?
good point ;) ... people are going to own faster cars than you... its a fact of life! learn to take someone taking the piss out of you, it will help as you get older ;)

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
when your in your 20's, and you turn up in an old skool evo. you can give him a lecture about what a real car is!

·
Registered
52 Posts
i had a lad laugth at me at traffic lights today after he asked what litre my car was lol i just looked the other way, try asking your mates dad what car he had when he was 18 if he had one lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pulsars are great (gearboxes are a tad fragile i hear if you starting playing with power), but, i got an insurance quote on one, i have 6years no claims, they wanted £1500! Ok, i only did a couple of quotes purely out of interest, but that was the cheapest i got! :S Get a calibra turbo if you can afford it! not mega expensive, and lovely to drive (i say! :D )

·
Registered
585 Posts
Even a C20XE'd Corsa would eat that car for breakfast.....

Tell your mates dad to get on YouTube and type in "Nova vs Ferrari" and see what he thinks of that. Try "Corsa Turbo" too.

He's got a 1.9 diesel in a reasonably large car.....my C16SE would probably give him food for thought :laugh:

Don't listen to him, he's just talking crap.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
what to do is buy a donkey, not only will it beat that old laguna but you mates dad will get on with someone on the same interlectural level

d

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, there are always gonna be people faster than you on the road, and people who are always gonna put you down, you just have to get on and live your own life. Dont live your life according to what other people think.

But go for a Honda CRX 1.6 VTEC think there around 160bhp modded, not too shabby.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
But go for a Honda CRX 1.6 VTEC think there around 160bhp modded, not too shabby.
:dito:

If your not into the shoebox car then BMW 318is E36, pull up in that and that will definitely piss on his bonfire! its do able as my friend owned one when he was 18, and now he drives a BMW 540 he is still only 19.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Can't wait til my uni placement year, get myself a nice little CRX, cheap to buy, plenty of mods, and look amazing if done well.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
CRX's are cheap as chips and realiable (its a honda lol), they have 160BHP standard btw, supposed to handle like a good 'un as well, good cars, although they getting on a bit style wise.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah but when the facelift models were first made they were so ahead of there time there only starting to look a bit dated now, i still think they cut it with the best.

Wanna get one with the elec roof, bit heavier than without, but so stylish.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts