All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This may be a stupid question but can anyone tell me if a Z10XEP engine from a 2009 corsa D will fit as a replacement for the Z10XEP in my 2004 corsa c? I was wondering if there may be any differences at all or if there is anything I might have to do.

Any help/thoughts appreciated :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
149 Posts
It will fit (as they are the same engine) but the ancillaries (like mounts, alternator, starter, egr, intake, exhaust, etc) may be different.

If you explain your problem, people can help you much more easily. Has the engine in the C exploded and you have found a D donor engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is a 2004 1.0 12v Corsa Energy with 80,000 on the clock.

My oil light started to come on at low revs only after the engine had warmed up. Light goes out when I put my foot down again.

I have had a mechanic look at it and do an oil pressure test and was registering only 20psi at best. He said that my oil pump is knackered and that my engine has a bad rattle. He recommended getting the engine replaced.

I don't have any other issues with the car and apart from this issue the car is in great condition.

I found an engine online that had done only 21000 but was from a 2009 Corsa D.

I have spoken with Vauxhall and was told they had 'looked in to it and, although they have the same engine code, the 2 engines have different part numbers so wouldn't recommend it'.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you're not doing it yourself I'd definitely say get a like-for-like engine. There might be little bits you have to modify or swap, although I'd perhaps ask for the old engine to be taken out and stripped first. If there was oil pressure the engine probably wouldn't be too badly damaged. It would be making a god awful noise if it was being starved of oil.

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a leaky sensor, have you asked for another opinion form another mechanic? Have you had to top up the oil recently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest when I got the car it had a touch over max oil in which always concerned me. After a long journey I had a very small leak but have never had to top up. I can't be 100% sure but this may have been when the problem started. I did an oil change and changed the pressure sensor too when this problem started but this hasn't made any difference.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd just get the leak fixed (which no doubt is because if the oil leak) and keep driving it, along with regular (yearly) oil changes. An engine swap for something that drives fine seems a bit extreme and costly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.