All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys heres my corsa 1.4 litre 5 door

around 69k miles brought for £550 off liam.d good condition just needed bit of a tidy up

LS model so nothing too special.

mods are:

-LED's behind dashboard and MFD
-6 x 9's in the parcel shelf
- ceasro alloys
- debadged rear
- debadged drivers side
-de bump stripe drivers side (just a little glue left)
- some led gear knob thing i want to change this!

Planned mods are :

-Calibra leathers front and back seats Done
- 60mm lowering all around Done
- colour coding mirrors and arches and door handles
-possibly new head unit sub and amp Done
-central locking kit Done
-maybe re spray alloys? thoughts comments on colour maybe? Done In White
- thinking of tinting windows not loads but not too little
-flat wiper blades Done
- Flat wiper blade on rear Done
- sort out interior tad messy WIP

-replace full dash which is in lot better condition
- new gear gaitor
-new handbrake gatior
- new shoulder pads
- refurbish wheels needs bit more attention semi-Done
- take bonnet dent out
- new wing sprayed and fitted
- new arches
- vectra electric sunroof Done
- spray roof lining?
- go around fixing as many chips and scratches
- get lots of air fresheners as my car stinks for some reason :/
- new exhaustDone
-black door cardsDone
-boot with proper false floor
-boot lock still playing up not pushing mechanism far enough semi-Done
-electric windows - A maybe now depends how hard it is to do
- heated seats switches and wired

anywhere here are some pictures :) some of you may have seen them on main car chat :shocked:

de badged side

how the car stands now

any comments advice is great :)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right finally got rid of all bump stripes and debadged still tiny bit of glue left.

i still fail at washing it lol

anyway started sanding down dashboard where some super glued plastic bits are left as you can see in the picture. will take time but get there eventually

had a thought, if i want to spray the wheels which color do you think would suit or should i just leave them as it is...

cearso alloys on dark blue body color.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been long time since i updated this. mainly due to fact me not being able to drive it

finally mot'd tax'd and insured :D so im happy im driving just paying off debts on credit card :shocked: anyway. so far ive only brought flat wiper blades defiantly worth the buy. thinking of getting badgeless grill but weather to keep the led bar strip lights. need comments on that

would like to be colour coding soon. and get some leather seats in

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
thinking of getting badgeless grill but weather to keep the led bar strip lights. need comments on that
yeah, i'd say keep the led bar strip lights, they look sweet. And if you haven't already decided about the colour of your alloys, i think they look good in silver:thumbs_up:
you should get a new gear stick gaitor, yours look shattered :laugh:

why has noone else commented on this project??:confused:
anyway good work mate, keep it up, its definately one of the best, if not the best 5door corsa i've seen, love the colour and alloys:D

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
cars looking good mate, defo need to get the gear gaitor though, how did the sanding come out in the end?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sanding still messy like that. not had chance go buy some wet n dry and primer and spray paint. with being in debt atm so dont think im going to do that til im out the red. annoying i know.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right has been a while since i updated.

firstly while back just before Trax i painted calipers and drums white. as i have no other paint and have just kept them that colour. not sure what colour to do them properly :S

next recently i found my wet and dry paper 800 so started smoothing mfd down. not got a picture but definitely looking better. started on the dash getting slowly there. once thats done be time to get spray paint and spray it.

today got some mudflaps off liam.d again although they didnt quite fit properly had to use like 3 screws. think they were pre 97 which im assuming are different to post 97 bumpers :S so they nearly touch tyres although when i drove along one of the roads here small like long bump that comes quickly when driving at 60 heard it scrap. did say to liam.d look euro style lol. as it did when first put them on

also suggested bright orange wheels for winter? sounds good but wouldnt look right me thinks :shocked:

pictures!

last picture is crappy camera phone :( just at night lot worse. fine in day time as seen by other 2 pictures

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well got my springs :D

and debadged grill slighlty broken on top slate but other than that cant complain when its free :)

And just lowerd back end today. as i knew what i was doing first attempt went perfectly fine :) although had little troublle getting my bottle jack out when springs were in was getting too low!

fronts will be done when ive got time and its not too cold lol :)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no unfortunately. i was going to meet up the convoy but got to silverstone saw the queue plus was behind on time getting there. but still had a great day. hoping PVS will be on stand there :) and car will look better bodywork is terrible serious want like £300 to sort out paint work lol

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
tidy car mate, will look sweet when the front is lowered too, look forward to seeing this at pvs

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
hi mate i got a door aswell and im i need of some slamming was just wondering if you had any camber angle problems?
not that i know of lol back end is only lowerd so far only problem ive had is scraping because my tyre profiles are 60 only when its a full car though

tidy car mate, will look sweet when the front is lowered too, look forward to seeing this at pvs
yeah will look good also when get new tyres on the back. and it will hopefully look good by then although probs have all the scratches and crappy body work on it lol

right more progress today and recently

firstly while ago if you read it i had small crash in my estate due to snow and ice :(

so that is still currently like that. only spending money on what i need which is to keep car running servicing etc.

new items i got were new mfd as old one was sanding it down and cba with it and needed to spray it etc. new door cards which the grills haven't been cut out. found a gls in scrapyard thought buy these put them in found out had a problem couldn't wind down drivers window lol but got the side taken off with buttons now just about 3 holes. I may upgrade to electric windows don't know weather to and how hard it is.

then today i went over to Leighton buzzard as this tool kit was like one of last few left last one in Leighton buzzard i got and there was one more in Aylesbury so reserved it and got it today. 123 piece tool kit challenge extreme.

very useful tools also came with right spark plug socket thank goodness for that i can now change spark plugs :D and also allowed me to fix my boot lock now i have a working boot! tool kit cost £25 reduced from £50 bargin and i had a £20 gift voucher!

and as a mini project i have my old head unit sitting in my room which works on pc power supply so i may if ever get round to it use some old mdf i have put it in a box and have it in the garage with these speakers i was given ages ago!

and that is the updates as for now. getting my ALG back pay tomorrow hopefully so that be lots of money too but not so much on car pay back some debt :( more to come soon :) :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ahright thats good then cuz my mate dropped his civic by 40mm and put his camber out bad news for the tires. I got like a 80mm gap between the arch and tyre :( not a good look at all.

Must be gutted bout the crash alot of my mates have hit there cars in the ice pissing about in the local tescos and bending there rear hubs and smashing there wishbones to peices lol

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Just so you know the colour is Spectral Blue(your first post you was not sure) Don't want your spraying broken bits from crash with wrong colour:)

1 - 20 of 282 Posts