All Corsa Forum banner

Having some fun

13K views 178 replies 26 participants last post by  Matthew 
#1 ·
ok, here we go again.
I have Promised Lee that this time I will do a project thread properly instead of locking my self in my workshop and playing with my engine etc.

To get the ball rolling I just want to say I can't be arsed with:
Neons
LED's
Body kits
Stupidly low cars
Stupidly large wheels
Ripping out interiors
and just about anything else that chavs **** over on a mcdonalds car park

ok now thats out of the way,
My car If you haven't seen my 'Toy' its a W reg green 1.6 16 Corsa.
its on spax coil overs, has front and rear H&R sway bars, Nylon bushes all round, V6 brake upgrade, braided brake lines...

So, on to what i am planning now... I was before running a vxr turbo with Emerald ECU which while being fun was a lot of work to get right so in the end I couldn't be arsed and am now selling all the parts (see for sale section).

Now I am going the N/A route to see where i can get to, in the past i have run the car with a DBilas inlet (very good reasults) standard ECU with Superchip (well worth it) then i ran bike throttle bodies (again set up was a bugger). so lets get to the good part...
my new bits turned up today...

:thumbs_up:

See less See more
#2 ·
Get some pics of the car up. For some reason I always thought it was blue :confused:

#14 ·
Look forward to seeing it.

#15 · (Edited)
right, little update. All my new fluids are here thanks to mr opie oils. Thank you. Got new window blades too and a new pollen filter. All came to about £80, so not bad when you think about what i got. (will put a pic soon).
I also have a few little goodies to add. Cool running stat, quick shifter & bush, new shafts from mr dragon (thank you). Will picture all the bits before the go on/in.
The best thing i think is my new arcan jack. The mate that was selling the car lift decided to keep it so i bought the mother of all jacks. The badgers nadgers when you see it.
I will post all pics up tomorrow when i get home from work.
Fun time me thinks!

#17 ·
How much are they Matthew? I could do with one for my car.

#18 ·
Awesome jacks, nearly bought one a few weeks back. Not cheap though, and thought I was done working under my car for a while

3 pics of a jack, one of car parts! Thread needs pics!

#19 ·
Yeah we want car pics Matthew.

#25 ·
I spy a set of big brakes behind them wheels.

#28 ·
So is this going to be a modded 1.6, or you doing something along the lines of an engine transplant?

#31 ·
yeah, I am seeing if I can make 200+ from a 1.6, was close with the turbo on it but it was too much effort, as every other time I took it out it had problems, plus setting the Emerald ECU was a bit of a nightmare. lol. :mad:

after i get it going again I think a nice set of cams and slipper pistons will be on the list. :)

oh yeah before I get the 'you would get more from a bigger engine' crap, I don't want to, I am an engineer and this is what I like to do. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.